⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jethro said:
Tail races are a good spot to clean up too, I know a bloke who got 8 grams from under a rock at the outfall of an old chinamans tailrace in a elevated bank deposit. :p

I will agree there Jethro
A fella I worked with at Hill End, Kenny from Sofala....spotted a rock with a nice rectangular cut on the Turon banks back in the year Jeune won the Melbourne Cup.
Over half an ounce from a few pans from Kenny`s tailrace.

1426138610_1426138632010.jpg

Hit a spot today with my mini banker/box sluice....hahaha right smack dab in the middle of where it all began... nice gully 20m away from modern civilization... :lol: it was fun...seen gold in 1st shovel..so happy days i slowly shoveled for an hr mucking around ...rain came in went home...scotch n dry while processing cons :cool: i still have my larger cons in buck drying....there is another pecker in that atleast. ;)

It has been been a while since I've been able to get out (3 long weeks) but finally managed to get out for a quick 3 1/2 hours this morn before I got too cold and had to retreat. With the colder weather approaching I'll need to get some waders I think. Ran 3 1/2 20L buckets through the AM Grubstake for these results.

1426384487_20150315_1232451.jpg

1426384513_20150315_1244031.jpg

From last weekend. Just finished panning it out. Nice buy on the 4500 mate, now you can clean up all the large and small gold!
I forgot I had it in there until I was taking stock of the gear to sell. Day off today (ADO) so just easing into it. Sorted for 6 4 day weeks in a row. Need a bit of a rest up. You can give me a buzz anytime mate.

yobskin said:
Me and blakey had meet up today i was test panning around found some flakes some dusties but for some reason now im home i cant find them!! But wait theres more blakey scored big!!!
Watch this thread..... :cool:
........................................ :|
Well...................................
I'm still watching, and waiting, since 3.55pm yesterday......................And.... :eek:
The suspense is KILLING ME!!!!

The springs on a car can only handle so much weight before they collapse, you might need to hire a truck and help him out

Great day was had up at gympie. Diggin a nice spot in what looked to me very much like sapphire wash I dig, soft clay combined with river rocks and a few nice big sized rocks. Dug 4 10l buckets for quite a bit of black sand and fine gold. Sitting there feeding the little river sluice talking to yobskin saying I'd love to see the gold in the sluice one day. 20 seconds later this big beauty pops her head up in the first riffle! Haven't been home yet so no weight yet but feels close to 2 grams.
1426635733_img_20150318_093632753.jpg
1426635758_img_20150318_093604250.jpg

Sure did. Planned on returning today but weather looks it'll make the 3 hour return trip a short one lol.