⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1422505575_img_2015012955292.jpg

Not sure if this will work, my first fortnight or so panning creeks around bendigo. Yes, it needs a clean up haha. Also need a set of decent scales that measure smaller weights. According to mine it is 2 grams, seems to be on par with other photos showing that weight?

Bit of a play closer to home for a couple hours. This is the first time I've been there with no pickers :(
Patchy is an understatement bit like Eldorado small fine and something in every pan. Be flat out lucky to push 0.1 but had fun a couple minutes down the road from home.
1422695069_img_20150131_200015.jpg

Retirement Stone said:
GT was that just panning?
Yer mate, 1 sieve 1 snuffer 1 shovel and a set of waders. Get the odd picker but no luck today, nearly all flake and fines. I get the nephew down there when we get the fever going there's color in every shovel but take you a week to get a gram :D is just old wash dirt that the old timers left behind and whatever they were too much in a hurry to take. Highbanking will wash most of it out it's in the clays have to puddle it up and the clay balls will strip the sluice box.
1422704448_img_20150131_223921.jpg

Put the shovel in where that quartz meets the clay. Someone had been highbanking it, must be keen. Behind this pic is a heap of mullock that has the same stuff. It's well known in the area

Spent Friday night camping out and scratching around Reedy Creek. I was able to use my AM Grubbstake sluice for the first time. Not sure if I was using setting it up correctly or feeding it too fast but I seemed to be catching most of the gold. Lots of black sand building up mostly in the first riffle. At one point I ran a bunch of the tailings through again...couple of tiny specks, some black sand but not much. I seemed to be catching 95% of the gold.

This is what I got for Friday arvo and Saturday mornings leisurely sessions.
1422756664_20150201_1259372.jpg

I love this thread. Great show lads, keep putting the pics up. POG you sure will have the pot of gold soon enough those am sluices do a good job, even the little one. Dug that's a nice showing any where you can grab a few solid bodied pieces is a good spot, and time spent doing it with family well that's priceless. My only suggestion is to get them up Sat morning not Sun night, haha, now I'll be spending all week waiting for another dig.

Calve it.
Hope it does breed well. LOL
I have been known to use a knife and carve it as well.
Good One. :lol:

Yep i sure did....im not doing it again every man/woman for your self.. :D
Its the 4th time ive done it and the same happens each time lol
I dont mind helping but from now on no more.
They offered it to me for showing them how and where. I declinded i couldnt. I invited them up and now i got them hooked returning some of the fun they gave me when i was a kid. Im going to realy hit it hard on thursday ....lol if im not crippled in bed. 8.( I sent them home with this forum address happy days ;)

Latest posts