⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool mate,

I read in jack langes book that he went to some goldfield near Cloncurry and there was heaps of alluvial but I have never heard of anyone here having a go out that way.

Beautiful country mate

weekends total 4.75 grams that brings my total gold for 2014 to 20 grams :p

1410765446_p1020048.jpg

Great stuff Goldigg@ and Colmaca,

This summer I hope to hit the Dry Blower hard and hopefully have some decent colour to show for my efforts

cheers

furnace and mappro gas mate, bit of flux bobs ya uncle. got tired of standing around for ages with the bottle and bought one of the ebay kits form the us.

Map pro gas juts got real cheap for some reason in the alst two weeks. Bunnings is dumping boxes of four bottles for $44 my last bottle cost $44 by itself!

1410936936_furnice.jpg

G0lddigg@ said:
furnace and mappro gas mate, bit of flux bobs ya uncle. got tired of standing around for ages with the bottle and bought one of the ebay kits form the us.

Map pro gas juts got real cheap for some reason in the alst two weeks. Bunnings is dumping boxes of four bottles for $44 my last bottle cost $44 by itself!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/357/1410936936_furnice.jpg

Cheers thanks GD. I've seen the microwave version but that doesn't sit right with the missus in her kitchen ;)
TT

nah mate for the $200 landed the flux will last you years and you can keep the stink out in the shed. otherwise next time your over this way and your keen for a dig drop in and well melt your gold and go get some more :0

Well define refine. .. there are many stages in a refining process. In simple terms the borax acts sort of like a cleaning agent it lowers the melting point of the base metals to assist with seperation. And the soda ash converts the silver throught some chemical process that im not qualified to explain. (Im sure someone smarter than me can answer this better)

Basically I get my gold down to a close to clean concentrate and when it's worth melting or ive run out of jars it gets melted. The longer you leave it at molten the lighter it gets. Some metals are burnt off and sone become a part of the overall weigjt. It doesn't make a difference to me because when I sell it a $36k machine analyzes the button and I get paid on weight x gold percentage

Nice pics, nice gold nuggets!
Is the most exciting thing in the world searching with a detector in a gold mining area !!
is my life here in Brazil, I love it
Thank you GOD!!
Thank you friends for pics :D

Latest posts