⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find .. wish I could pick something larger than flour :( think im living in
The wrong state .. any victorians got work going

Used the sucker in a nice natural riffle I was sitting watching the water flow decided to drop a handful of gravel to see how the riffle acted and was amazed to watch it get sucked back and held into place so I thought im gonna clean this sucker right out..

I'm sure there's still heaps left in there but I couldn't get the larger rocks from down deep in the crack and I broke my large 25mm pipe trying to get a Jammed rock out and had to reduce it because of splits, I think I might take my 32mm nozzle out to suck the bigger rocks after tickling them with my screwdriver lol

Anyway this is a about 1 1/5 hours stuffing around with one crevice
1430992894_image.jpg

Nice colours. Suggest a crowbar might be the go next time there. Get all those jammed rocks out so you have a clear shot at the floor of the crevice.

Crevicing is so therapeutic, especially when it yields a good payback like yours.

I'm not too sure how far off from the bottom I got, I got this stuff that was sitting on top of some clay the little pockets I spotted as soon as I emptied the 3rd capture pipe

Will be getting my bigger pump 2moro I'll do a bit more crevicing once I get a crowbar

I'll be back to Using my two tier Highbanker 2moro if I get time after picking up the pump, my new spot isn't child friendly at all, my son went for an involountary swim the other day, my heart stopped and grab him straight out by his feet I was watching him close but my reflexes weren't quick enough to catch him, he was only in about a foot of water but it only takes a few inches for my worst nightmare to happen. NOT ON MY WATCH. So saftey first now with this area is not like my local river with gravel bars this area has high banks and deeper water

You can't afford to take your eyes off them next1m8. One minute they're there, next there gone. Especially around water.

Yeah I'm always skating on ice when I have my kids out with me...the young fella is the clumsiest little bloke in Oz I reckon and I'm always having to grab or catch him before he falls off a rock or something.

A couple years ago we were up at Woolshed Falls at Beechworth and we were doing the little walk from the car park...othere on here may know it. Well we are walking along the track and the kids go up ahead and then stop, When we catch up here they are standing on the edge of a large drop off...maybe 10m straight down to a rock bottom. I promptly grabbed them and yanked them back to safety. They could not figure out what was wrong but he being a clumsy little dude it was a only a sneeze away from disaster. That drop off is now referred to the 'the cliff of ill repute' whenever I tell the story again. Always have to keep your eyes on them 8)

Yeah that's a close one MJB, now to be safe I find it easier to keep him away, at least until he's done a few more swimming lessons and can actualy swim by himself its scared the hell out of me thank fully I was only arms reach away from him and got him. Fair to say that was the end of that trip and changed him in the car Into fresh and dry clothes always have a spare set

This was my first pan for the day :D I had tested a hole last fortnight and 3 scoops with a garden trowel showed some gold , so I went out today and the first pan looked like this . A few pickers in there .

Unfortunately , the deeper I got the less Gold came out :mad:
Still got about a gram though :)

That's a pretty good result :) If possible, widen your hole out maintaining the depth that you got your best returns and fingers crossed, you may get a fair bit more.

JeffP said:
This was my first pan for the day :D I had tested a hole last fortnight and 3 scoops with a garden trowel showed some gold , so I went out today and the first pan looked like this . A few pickers in there .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/coach1/Pyramul%20gold%20Large.jpg

Unfortunately , the deeper I got the less Gold came out :mad:
Still got about a gram though :)

I have worked spot like that. Gold was in top 2 to 4 inched sand and gravel. Below that no gold at all.
Karl

I dug all around it and still got nothing like the first pan . It must have been a very isolated concentrated patch . :eek:

Latest posts