⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that near the weir wall Paydirt? I bin telling my brother in law to get his tail down that way and also have a look at Michalago and Tumbarrumba, good gold there.
Mackka

Mackka, Na from what I understand the weir is downstream near Rose Valley. I work a couple of places east of the village of Numeralla.

1413836418_20140801_0923062.jpg

Ok this is what i found at deep creek with pan n sieve when i first started its real dirty .4gm nuggy was completly black since then ive trained myself to look for heavy sticky in my pan instead of looking for yellow...plus lots of mercury covered yellow.

Nice sixpence as well Yobskin, all that colour looks like your doing things right mate, keep going till that flash in the pan is a blinding glare mate,...well done.

The Threepence 1910 was the last British press Australia started its own in 1911. I think its like $50 as is it was in river with old hand blown bottles bits of gold jewelry and that nuggy all in same spot..good lil trap. :D

Nice work Yobskin.....they look like nice little chunky bits. Is this the deep creek public fossicking area or somewhere further up or downstream?
Cheers

Very nice dimensions to those pieces Yobskin, well done and keep the piccies/stories coming

banksy said:
thank mate, getting in my last trip up to tuena before I move to Brisbane, not much gold up there. Got catch up with jeff AKA CROC up there, found a nice patch of gold in the creek.

steve

Didnt realize it was going to be your last trip mate. I might talk to the missus and see if we can make it an overnighter if you want?

MJB said:
Nice work Yobskin.....they look like nice little chunky bits. Is this the deep creek public fossicking area or somewhere further up or downstream?
Cheers
Yea mate in the fossicking area (red dirt hill) u cant miss it. There is only one. Bit harder to climb down but worth it they have planted small trees around the gullies so be careful close to the waters edge.

1413856064_20141021_1139322.jpg

This is everything i have found in gympie in the past six months while learning to fossick. Mainly from fossicking area as you can see parts of jewelry . Red hill is close to the old nashville bridge southern entrance into area...poles are still there. Crazy finds are freqent in this heavly worked area cast iron everthing so dont bother detecting unless you bring a skip bin lol i will go down tomorrow n take pics of area to share! This area is for everyone to share so do the right thing when you visit please ive only lived here for 32 months but its my new home be cool be nice and take you rubbish back to the gate where the bins are happy hunting. :D

1979311_10202328918133887_36106385809022604_o.jpg
run two test buckets today first time I've seen a result like this for 20L of dirt n rocks at brand new place were no one goes n there isn't even any digs old or new and absolutely no gold in the creek and this a dry steep tributary feeder has two layers first or top layer is under red clay and is mid sized washed pebbles and gravels on top of a red clay bottom then it goes down 2 foot and turns black for a bit then it goes into really jagged bigger rocks with very light weighted gravels like slide material not wash on top of more black clay that eventually turns to yellow or white ..the gold is only in the slide material but looks to be a little bit there

Thank :) I always new they missed some around here n after spending a few days with you oldfella you confirmed all my thought about deep deposits and leads so where ever you have a granite dike upheaved you will probably more than likely find alluvium and wash close to the surface but as you get closer to the source of the gold the wash becomes much less water affected and instead of being pockets or deposits of gold , the gold becomes much more consistent within the leader channels formed during the whole erosion factor and shedding of the source reef ;-)

Nothing like local digs to put some color in the pan, home ground advantage is a nice thing. I'm a better than even chance of being on the end of a shovel this weekend, between the new season of gold rush and seeing photos like this I'm getting the fever. Good dig mate.

G0lddigg@ said:
Little Ballarat gold from an hours dig this arvo. Good to see the old spots have plenty of new deposits now that the waters gone down. Came up just over a gram in fines.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/357/1415526800_20141109_182008.jpg
Awesome effort mate!
So jealous right now....im starting to think gold falls out of trees down there! Lol
And so clean!!! Haha my 4year old says the fairies polish it on the way down hahaha he likes it to. Very impressive. :eek:

Not wrong mate good to be back on heavy gold. Wish I had more timw to get our2 but a gram will keep me hapoy for a while :)

Latest posts