⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete_&_Rie said:

good work you two

I will give you a gold star for that

( but i hid it in the ground so you got to keep swinging to find it ) :p

seriously beautiful pics . wish i was that lucky

:) Cheers Heads n Heatho

:D Ya gotta love that yellow stuff, aint it so lovely to hold and admire hahaha.
Yup! :) the dreaded fever is within this bloke and his better half and we're losing the battle :lol: :lol: :D

P&R

PS - im on the job with that Gold star haha, got me pinpointer sooped up to 5k capacity hahaha ;)

Pete_&_Rie said:

im no geologist and ive never found gold (yet) because I'm trying to learn using your 'riding a pushy' theory (lol) and this is what I THINK from observation of your video..

if the creek direction was north (uphill) then the strike direction is running n/nw to s/se, Im thinking I would walk for a conciderable distance in that direction to hope that the creek crosses it again to give you visual confirmation of its distance, regardless while walking in that direction I would be looking for a possible signs of structure or a dyke running at e.g 90* underground and digging down to the uphill side of that intersection...????

that vein is not the origin of that nugget?

the metamorphosis of host rock is slow enough to stetch it into an arc or spiral..??...it is young and still growing...??

im typing out loud as it helps me learn and remember ok lol

scott :cool:

ps..awesomely interesting find ey...thanks for sharing!

G'day Scott

20xwater said:
im no geologist and ive never found gold (yet) because I'm trying to learn using your 'riding a pushy' theory (lol) and this is what I THINK from observation of your video..

if the creek direction was north (uphill) then the strike direction is running n/nw to s/se, Im thinking I would walk for a conciderable distance in that direction to hope that the creek crosses it again to give you visual confirmation of its distance, regardless while walking in that direction I would be looking for a possible signs of structure or a dyke running at e.g 90* underground and digging down to the uphill side of that intersection...????

" Your almost correct with the strike direction and it has a dip of nearly vertical from what ive noticed as i havent had the chance to open out the leader yet to get a true strike and dip, the Nugget had initially what i took to be a sort of rotten granite, but under the 10x loop it is a decomposing diorite which is an igneous rock and that also confirms my
and your view of the stringer being contorted by slow cooling after extreme heat and pressure, and because its Diorite
i will be lookin for a Dyke formation of Diorite and its junction with the qrtz formation.
I wont be walkin heaps, im on the right spot pretty much so i will be working out from there, follow the thin stringer
until it pinches out, take samples along the strike and dolly em"

" Quite possibly not, im more of the thinkin its shed from the contact between that qrtz Leader
and a Diorite Dyke somewhere near"

the metamorphosis of host rock is slow enough to stetch it into an arc or spiral..??...it is young and still growing...??

" It's not in a metamorphic belt, it's igneous and in Granite country, ive just gotta get into it before
the rains start"

" haha no probs Scott thats how i get the brain goin too mate, if it works do it i say :D :D "

Good luck on your hunts Scott ;)

Cheers
Pete

Pete_&_Rie said:
G'day Scott

20xwater said:

" Your almost correct with the strike direction and it has a dip of nearly vertical from what ive noticed as i havent had the chance to open out the leader yet to get a true strike and dip, the Nugget had initially what i took to be a sort of rotten granite, but under the 10x loop it is a decomposing diorite which is an igneous rock and that also confirms my
and your view of the stringer being contorted by slow cooling after extreme heat and pressure, and because its Diorite
i will be lookin for a Dyke formation of Diorite and its junction with the qrtz formation.
I wont be walkin heaps, im on the right spot pretty much so i will be working out from there, follow the thin stringer
until it pinches out, take samples along the strike and dolly em"

" Quite possibly not, im more of the thinkin its shed from the contact between that qrtz Leader
and a Diorite Dyke somewhere near"

" It's not in a metamorphic belt, it's igneous and in Granite country, ive just gotta get into it before
the rains start"

" haha no probs Scott thats how i get the brain goin too mate, if it works do it i say :D :D "

Good luck on your hunts Scott ;)

Cheers
Pete

lol classic...I agree with the intersection of the 2 being a concerntration point...to think, without some rock squeezing and others pulling to fast there would be no cracks and splits to fill.
I need time to get my head fully around the dip and dip angle bit lol
in reference to the structure at a lower altitude at 90# im talking zoomed out and thinking of all the material from bedrock up that's been grinded and grinding away at that reef and where that's gone and as it travelled where to take advantage of the ground or sediment layer movements...??

pointless sayin good luck on your searches isn't it! :D

scott :cool:

Pete_&_Rie said:

Pete & Rie = champions , thanks for sharing guys. You are setting a high standard :D will I ever be able to catch up? Hmm well done :)

Cheers Joe ;)
Every swing could be the one mate, you just never know ;)
We just love the thrill of the hunt and the research we do,
i would say for every hour spent in the field we possibly do
2 full days research leadin up to it..
Went down to the local historic society the other day and the
Lovely old Gal there was a vault of good local info all the way
back to 1856 with "who's & where's" so we will be flickin her a
thankyou nugget very soon..

Bit of colour from an hour digging an old mullock heap today. Very happy with the drywasher wondering how I ever gpt by without it. :D

1395815602_tmp_20140326_172428-1-968912801.jpg

Good onya Goldy :)
Be nice to set up a recirc 2 tier job on that pile
and i suspect you've already got that planned ;)

Pete

Pete_&_Rie said:
Good onya Goldy :)
Be nice to set up a recirc 2 tier job on that pile
and i suspect you've already got that planned ;)

Pete

I actually found this pile last year when I drove my patrol right into a 1 metre deep hole between some mullock, chucked the banker in the puddle and pumped sludge through the pump for an hour :) I think dry washing is much easier for this stuff because the sediment is insane.

Took the nephew (little man) out for a play in the dirt, give him a few tips and start refining his panning technique. We were running out of time so I dug a nice deep couple of shovels and we loaded up the pans (gave him my day to day Garrett prospector whilst I was on the super sluice) anyway with one eye on him he did a pretty good job. Suddenly he yells out "gold!" And damn near drop the pan whilst fist pumping. Caught a nice little courser nuggetty picker, beautiful little piece and his first "true" gold other than a few specks here and there. He didn't want his photo up on the forum with it, so I told him Id just put a pic up of the gold on it's own. We had to head home at the end of the pans, got a little bit for his bottle which he proudly showed the family. Now he's got the bug and keen to get out, so I gave him my little grubsteak to have a go in the creeks that have started flowing. Next step stream dynamics 101, and probably a little 10 inch pan. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face, and that's where the real gold is. Here's the pic

1397733100_img_20140417_205603.jpg

Well Done! My little girl, loves diggers, so as Mummy goes into a Geoscience career what an awesome hobby to take up with her. Older sis, just loves being in a fresh flowing creek for a swim, my little girl loves looking at the rocks with me... just love it!

1398808001_image.jpg

This is our gold from last weekend in Eldorado. It took us twice as long to pan the cons out that feed it through the high banker. The black sand there s tough. Can't wait to get out there again. :)

Latest posts