❓Your Mineral Identification Questions answered here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
liliane said:
Hello all, I was supposed to take good photos and post here for identification
of some of my rocks, here we go , please if you can identify them for me , I will be truly grateful.

thanks and cheers

top first one could be ironstone need a better pic of it others not sure on greenish one defiantly some type of copper ore

I don't need the mineral identified, I know it's a quartz crystal. I dug it up at Lowmead. I was just wondering if Goldirocks or anyone else could identify the proper geological name for this.......erm, unique-looking formation? :lol:

1542693270_46486229_159974271628509_3087393951754223616_o.jpg

Pat Hogen said:
Haven't you seen those crystals on a leather thong and being sold as the wow factor in the US, Hollywood?

You mean there's a market for them among the rich and famous? I gotta get back out there! :lol:

Lefty it looks a bit like what they call a sceptre I think, where the top is bigger than the main part of the crystal. That's my guess anyway.

22shells said:
Lefty it looks a bit like what they call a sceptre I think, where the top is bigger than the main part of the crystal. That's my guess anyway.

Yeah that's my guess as well - there's plenty of sceptres at Lowmead but I haven't found another that looks quite like this one!

Any thoughts on this one? From last weekend. Thinking maybe it's got a bit of kyanite in it? Schist? Just picked it up cos it looked good.
1542777142_pb211058-2.jpg

Has anyone seen this before Washing the pan, this little rock wouldn't move.
1542787507_image.jpg
so looking at it more closely hmm full of flour gold. It's in bedded in Quartz like stone

Not too sure of Minerals of the Pilbara.... Don't really think I will get up that way, so I haven't really Researched the area.....But at a guess Prehnite?...

Lol I did an image search and came up with Malt Loaf.... Thanks Google for nothing... :rolleyes:

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
Not too sure of Minerals of the Pilbara.... Don't really think I will get up that way, so I haven't really Researched the area.....But at a guess Prehnite?...

Lol I did an image search and came up with Malt Loaf.... Thanks Google for nothing... :rolleyes:

LW.....
Malt loaf? Yum :)

Now come to think of it, I have seen some Chrysoprase from WA that looks simular with the crusty coating like the Example....

Thanks Pat Hogan for jolting my Memory.. :Y:

LW....

I often find this stuff, not sure what it is so I call it haematite or magnetite. Tiny bits often give a good signal on the metal detector. This is a bigger bit that I just picked up. Makes it hard looking for gold when there is a lot of this. Anyone know what it is?
1543260671_pb271056.jpg

Latest posts