White's new TDI-PRO ( Oz ) Series....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick question for the guys using the TDI-PRO OZ, is it worth spending the extra for a second battery pack or does the standard on last long enough?

I haven't had mine long enough to find out, but according to various sources you can expect between 7-10 hours usage with the new battery pack (the one that ships with it now).

Thanks Nugget, I had read that but wasn't sure if it was true, it seems to be quite a long time from one set of batteries.

No worries. The Garrett AT Gold runs between 20-40 hours on a quality set of batteries, I could go a month or more without having to swap out.

The tdi pro battery will last me 8+ hrs on a good charge but it also comes with car charger if you need to top it up at lunch Iv made up a AA batt pack for back up emergencies.

Hi everyone. Just wondering how you guys run the TDI Pro OZ series threshold setting? Do you run as suggested in the supplied cheat sheet and have the threshold silent or do you run with a constant noise? I started out with it silent but it was suggested to me to run with the constant noise but I have found it difficult to keep the noise steady in WA which obviously makes it harder to pick targets. Do I need to learn how to adjust the other settings to improve this or do you think silent is the way to run? Thanks for any replies :)

That little hum can be very good at providing you with a target that did not sound. As with my Sovereign, listen to your threshold carefully. It is like looking for ghosts in the ground. You will hear a faint change in the threshold tone on deep/small targets. They can be well worth investigating and give you that extra depth over just listening for the big woo hoo sound.

Latest posts