Hand sucker / Crevice Tool Tutorial

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Love your work Tony, also happy to see the document uploading working a treat :D

I look forward to the updates.

TenOunce Tone there are a few spots I found over the last few trips where I stood there scratching my noggin asking myself how am I going to get in there so after highbanker build i'll knock up this little beauty!

Thanks for the share,

Ross

Hi again, Ok the corflex gasket did not cut the mustard, SO as discussed with GM and after a field trial of sorts in his front yard...

A 6mm piece of reinforced rubber found its way into my garage. (Thanks GM)

I then took out my trusty hole saw blades and fitted a 32mm and 54 mm blades on the bit and I found myself looking down the business end of this...

1368010192_hole_saw_setup.jpg

I then clamped the piece of rubber on top of a bit of wood I had laying around the garage and proceeded to "burn rubber".

The result was a rubber doughnut that fits tightly inside the body tube, I had to persuade the plunger back into the tube, so just be careful that you don't break anything, if you find you are having a hard time getting it back in the tube, just wet the rubber a bit, wiggle it a bit and it should slip in. Here is a pic of it attached to the plunger.

The white item is the bottom a bucket I had laying around from my bucket sieve creation (Thanks Agman), I will be cutting two disks from the bucket bottom to make a plastic and rubber sandwich.

1368010407_hole_saw_result.jpg

I will give it a test and let you know how it goes.

No worries Rude, KGB and Ross, if you get stuck creating the beast, just send a message and I will see if I can sort you out.

Hi Tone, great job; thanks for the download. I've put it on my 'to do list' list which is fairly extensive as my wife has a 'whiteboard which she continually upgrades. As far as washes go, I have found that the rubber from an old pair of ozzie thongs has worked for me in the past.

Cheers

Hey tone may i ask where you got the 50mm 20mm reducer HP (High Pressure) From?
ive been looking everywhere for something like that, all the hardware stores have like 50mm to 40mm or larger.

Cheers.

TenOunce Tone said:
Hi again, Ok the corflex gasket did not cut the mustard, SO as discussed with GM and after a field trial of sorts in his front yard...

I'm just thinking -- reinforced rubber -- like the wall of a car tyre perhaps?

daveggs said:
TenOunce Tone said:

I'm just thinking -- reinforced rubber -- like the wall of a car tyre perhaps?

Don't know about the wall of a car tyre, might be OK?

Thinking it is more like conveyor belt rubber.

I am told it was from a conveyor belt.

You could use any rubber as long as it sits in the gasket and does not fold on its self

Cheers, Tone

Was also thinking car tyre rubber is probably easy to find -- especially if you don't care about the tread :)

PS ... Tone ... has anyone ever said that avatar pic reminds them of 'Tangles' (Max) or 'Boonie' or especially MERV!???
(I'm sure you get what I mean -- at least those are the names that spring to mind when I see your posts)

A gasket cut out of a rubber thong works well but it may need replacing more often. You should get at least a dozen gaskets out of a pair!!!!!!

Meet a good bloke at Safola who had used an expanding pressure bung as the piston. The type used to pressure test pvc pipe installations. His pump had heaps of suction. Don't know about longevity as it was a new mod to the tone tool.

Latest posts