You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Nugget
21 March 2014 02:58 pm

I have just received an email from the NSW Foresty Corporation detailing upcoming changes to the NSW State Forest Fossicking Permits.

NSW Foresty Corporation wrote:

Dear Members,

Following community feedback, Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) has improved its permit system for fossicking in NSW State forests.

From late March 2014, people will be able to apply at www.forestrycorporation.com.au for a single 12-minth permit that allows them to fossick in approved areas of State forests throughout NSW, replacing the old system that required people to obtain permits on a regional basis.

Regional permits that are currently valid may be used State-wide until they expire, providing the holder visits the FCNSW website to review any updated conditions and download the most up-to-date maps showing where fossicking is permitted.

The new annual State-wide permites will cost of $25 plus GST in 2014, with the cost to increase incrementally to $35 plus GST in 2016. The permit fees allow FCNSW to cover administration costs. The small increase recognises that the new permits are valid across NSW and will represent a saving for people fossicking in more than one region.

In addition, FCNSW has expanded the permit to allow a family group with a maximum of five people (2 adults and 3 children under 18 years of age) to fossick under a single permit. If you are fossicking in a group or club, each member or family group must hold a permit. Alternatively, clubs may contact their local regional office to apply through the Forest Permit system for a permit to cover single events.

When in State forests, fossickers must adhere to all relevant legislation, guidelines, permit conditions and maps showing where they can and can't fossick. This information is available online.

This is great news for NSW Fossickers and I'm happy that Prospecting Australia was able to assist in pushing these changes through.

Cheers,
Nugget

8 users like this post: Ramjet, Reeks, trashmagnet, Daniel, Retirement Stone, kleinman98, Monty, dwt

headbut
21 March 2014 03:07 pm

Well done Nugget , best response we could have received , bar FREE permits of course  big_smile

Gem & Gold Walbanker /Minelab X-Terra 705 Dual pack/12v mini sluice/Determination

Greglz86
21 March 2014 03:09 pm

I like the idea that it covers 2 adults and 3 children.
Thanks for the update nugget.
Greg

backcreek
21 March 2014 03:13 pm

Nugget wrote:

I have just received an email from the NSW Foresty Corporation detailing upcoming changes to the NSW State Forest Fossicking Permits.

NSW Foresty Corporation wrote:

Dear Members,

Following community feedback, Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) has improved its permit system for fossicking in NSW State forests.

From late March 2014, people will be able to apply at www.forestrycorporation.com.au for a single 12-minth permit that allows them to fossick in approved areas of State forests throughout NSW, replacing the old system that required people to obtain permits on a regional basis.

Regional permits that are currently valid may be used State-wide until they expire, providing the holder visits the FCNSW website to review any updated conditions and download the most up-to-date maps showing where fossicking is permitted.

The new annual State-wide permites will cost of $25 plus GST in 2014, with the cost to increase incrementally to $35 plus GST in 2016. The permit fees allow FCNSW to cover administration costs. The small increase recognises that the new permits are valid across NSW and will represent a saving for people fossicking in more than one region.

In addition, FCNSW has expanded the permit to allow a family group with a maximum of five people (2 adults and 3 children under 18 years of age) to fossick under a single permit. If you are fossicking in a group or club, each member or family group must hold a permit. Alternatively, clubs may contact their local regional office to apply through the Forest Permit system for a permit to cover single events.

When in State forests, fossickers must adhere to all relevant legislation, guidelines, permit conditions and maps showing where they can and can't fossick. This information is available online.

This is great news for NSW Fossickers and I'm happy that Prospecting Australia was able to assist in pushing these changes through.

Cheers,
Nugget

Nice work mate.
When is the first "club event" under the new permit system going to happen?

"To be a prospector is to be in some degree Possessed"

Heatho
21 March 2014 03:14 pm

Thanks for the great news Nugget.

Minelab GPX 5000, SDC2300, CTX3030, Pro-Find-25, patience, lot's of patience.

Ramjet
21 March 2014 03:22 pm

Thanks for the update Nugget.
A small increase in price but now covering a couple or family is good value.

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

Dozer
21 March 2014 03:27 pm

Nugget can you highlight the new form like you did the old one, just to make it easier to fill out.
Dozer

bazza2210
21 March 2014 03:36 pm

Great stuff Nugget - I have been chasing a statewide permit for 2 months now my southern permit is valid statewide as I read it.

Highbanker, Minelab xterra 705 gold pack (won in the PA raffle) , blue bowl , EZsluice river sluice, Gold Hog mats, sieves, pans - now currently figuring out how to use this equipment effectively.

Nugget
21 March 2014 03:48 pm

Dozer wrote:

Nugget can you highlight the new form like you did the old one, just to make it easier to fill out.
Dozer

It's moving to an online form / process.

gcause
TrackIT Software Pty Ltd
TrackIT Software Pty Ltd
21 March 2014 07:16 pm

Well done nugget great to see common sense prevail

Site Sponsor - http://grant-cause.com

NoPreyNoPay
21 March 2014 08:43 pm

Thats great news.
Good job everyone involved with pushing to get things like this to happen.

"NO PREY, NO PAY - A common pirate law meaning a crew received no wages, but rather shared whatever loot was taken."

NAPFA
Association
Association
21 March 2014 09:06 pm

Yes good to see that things can change for the better if enough people make enough noise for long enough.

Well done to the individuals and groups (including Prospecting Australia forum and NAPFA) who have all contributed feedback and ideas to get this change through the hoops.

Let's hope the system works as well as it sounds!

Stephen
President
NAPFA.

The Diggers Oath: "We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties."

jimnyjerry
21 March 2014 11:08 pm

Good that NSW State Forests finally got its act together.

Lets see my current permit I got in May 2013 for All State Forests for $22 including GST, did it by email and paid online or was it by phone (senior moment), was emailed my form and Permit and just had to email them back a signed pdf of the declaration.

Now in 2014 it is $25 plus GST so $27.50 and by 2016 $35 plus GST so $38.50 to cover administration costs. yikes
A 2 year permit in Victoria only costs $32.10 and a 10 year permit works out at bargain for $89.90. Looks like NSW needs to learn from Victoria. Such is bureaucracy. roll

Last edited by jimnyjerry (21 March 2014 11:09 pm)

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Reeks
21 March 2014 11:27 pm

jimnyjerry wrote:

Good that NSW State Forests finally got its act together.

Lets see my current permit I got in May 2013 for All State Forests for $22 including GST, did it by email and paid online or was it by phone (senior moment), was emailed my form and Permit and just had to email them back a signed pdf of the declaration.

Now in 2014 it is $25 plus GST so $27.50 and by 2016 $35 plus GST so $38.50 to cover administration costs. yikes
A 2 year permit in Victoria only costs $32.10 and a 10 year permit works out at bargain for $89.90. Looks like NSW needs to learn from Victoria. Such is bureaucracy. roll

In 2016 it will cost you 10 cents a day to fossick in any state forest in Nsw and you are having a whinge because...?

roll  roll  roll  roll  roll
Can't please everyone.

1 user likes this post: Ozjono

Digginholes
22 March 2014 05:13 pm

When they say approved areas of state Forrest's , does this mean the permit would not cover the whole Forrest only an approved portion of it much like the designated ares in Oberon ?

LD.
22 March 2014 05:38 pm

Excellent news, thanks for the update & your work on the changes Nugget!

Love gems of all shapes, colour & sizes, lucky because I've definitely got the tiny blue ones covered, now I'm looking for some big red ones. Getting into faceting will accept advice

LD.
22 March 2014 05:49 pm

"visits the FCNSW website to review any updated conditions and download the most up-to-date maps showing where fossicking is permitted"

Anyone have an exact link to the maps? I'm going round in circles looking for them roll

Love gems of all shapes, colour & sizes, lucky because I've definitely got the tiny blue ones covered, now I'm looking for some big red ones. Getting into faceting will accept advice

Imadogman
26 March 2014 07:51 pm

Patience grasshopper....give the new system time to get going which is gather is 1 April -- no joke!  smile

GPX5000, GPZ7000, SDC2300 and highbanker. Foundation member NAPFA, member of APLA and PMAV.
"United we have a chance; divided we fall. Support your local fossicking/prospecting association!"

1 user likes this post: LD.

Bernsey
30 March 2014 02:18 pm

That is such terrific news, goodonya, much appreciated.   I had previously lost many grey hairs trying to trek through their website to find out how to get a license and they made it so hard I gave up and decided to keep clear of forests, so thrilling news and congrats again. cool

bazza2210
30 March 2014 03:48 pm

LD. wrote:

"visits the FCNSW website to review any updated conditions and download the most up-to-date maps showing where fossicking is permitted"

Anyone have an exact link to the maps? I'm going round in circles looking for them roll

On this page

http://www.forestrycorporation.com.au/v … fossicking

rgds
Barry

Highbanker, Minelab xterra 705 gold pack (won in the PA raffle) , blue bowl , EZsluice river sluice, Gold Hog mats, sieves, pans - now currently figuring out how to use this equipment effectively.

1 user likes this post: Monty

kawman
30 March 2014 04:24 pm

That is an absolute cracker map link...  brilliant.. smile

bazza2210 wrote:
LD. wrote:

On this page

rgds
Barry

LD.
30 March 2014 08:42 pm

bazza2210 wrote:
LD. wrote:

On this page

rgds
Barry

Thank you Barry!!!

Retirement Stone
30 March 2014 09:10 pm

The new online NSW fossicking permit registration system is GO!

https://fpos.fcnsw.com.au/FossickMain.ASPX

Regards

GPX 4500, SDC 2300, Walbanker, Garrett pans, Determination and a touch of insanity mixed with Gold Fever!

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site