Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
Good onya mate. I still play with Ham Radio VK4NLS but only when I have not much else to do --like this.
There is great satisfaction in making a model of any sort and you're doing great . :perfect:

Your mention of Ham Radio gave me a flash back to my pre-teen days, a kid a few years older showed me (realise it is not Ham) a crystal radio he made, very simple design and it worked perfectly tuned into the local nearby radio station.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RPTyFMMLEk[/video]

It is amusing to see how our interests and activities change as we move through life.
As a teenager, I would build crystal sets and even made one that fitted onto the headphone I used so could be worn while working around.
That led me into the PMG (like Jaros, I was a few years ahead of him) where I moved into the radio and TV side of things for quite a few years.
Then the shift work started to suck, so I moved to work on radio systems for an oil company, which led to work on computers, where I kept my hand in until retirement, although the computing and general electronics got me to work in a range of other fields throughout that period.
In retirement, while I have still kept my hand in the computing and electronics field I have expanded my interests (re-activated some), such as geology, fossicking, BlazeAid, Bike events, farm maintenance, cattle station caretaking, truck & forklift driving, leatherwork, knifemaking, etc, etc.
80 next year, but while I can still have a go at something I will do so, just to keep the mind and body active. One of my motto's is, "I will have a go at just about anything, but don't ask me to do open heart surgery".

So keep having a go as it can be very rewarding.

Rob P.

This is not quite as sexy as electronic gadgetry, but I was chuffed with the resulting mud kitchen I knocked up for the grandkids for Xmas.
I repurposed an old blackwood wardrobe by taking a section out and rejigging it.
The fun part was sourcing all the fittings and utensils..... the hand pump is plumbed up to a jerry in the cupboard below, so no probs making mud.
I doubt it will look this clean for long... :D
1635141001_0c858d95-941e-4544-9430-d31bfc316cb8.jpg

1635141002_33997b37-4542-455b-9570-ec105c40dfe7.jpg

Latest posts