G'day from Tich

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am travelling since retiring last year, and about to buy an SDC2300 and doing some gold detecting in SA over Chrustmas, but also travelling thru QLD next year
My missus reckons I like looking at rocks too much, so hope to use that interest to find some good places.
I have been researching QHATLAS and checking out old geology lines, to maybe look at common faults lines to search.
Has anyone else done much on this already and have clearer pics maybe?

Jaros said:
Welcome JTich. Good luck in your adventure. :) :goldnugget:

Many thanks. Love trawling thru the site and seeing some great ideas.

Ok, I have my SDC2300 and have been practicing around SA, with only a bit of success (1 piece of gold 3g, and a couple of pieces of lead.)
I have been researching on Tengraph (WA), and GEOVIC (Victoria), and have some nice spots to plan to attack out there.
Now to actually drive to WA and walk the ground and catch some gold.
I am loving the help and knowledge in the group, and hope one day I can help out too.

JTich said:
Ok, I have my SDC2300 and have been practicing around SA, with only a bit of success (1 piece of gold 3g, and a couple of pieces of lead.)
I have been researching on Tengraph (WA), and GEOVIC (Victoria), and have some nice spots to plan to attack out there.
Now to actually drive to WA and walk the ground and catch some gold.
I am loving the help and knowledge in the group, and hope one day I can help out too.

"Only a bit of success" :D
Mate, a 3g SA nugget is a great starter piece - congratulations, we'd all love to see a pic. :Y:

Latest posts