A can in a tree

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justoverthehill

Wandering around looking at rocks
Reaction score
So was out in the goldfields this weekend and I came across a few areas that had a really old can in the tree. Could this possibly mean they might have found gold in that spot? I would have though once you find gold its like secret squirrel business and no one can know lol but a sun bleached can in a tree is sorta a dead giveaway :lol:
Anyone have any other ideas what it could mean? PS none had bullet holes

I know what this means. If you find more than one of those cans in the tree it is secret code for birdwatches meaning there is a very rare breed living in the area that has been documented and others may get the chance to see it. The bird is only rarely sighted in Australia, its latin name is Ramphastidae or more commonly known as the TwoCan.

The cans might have been carried up there by crows building a nest - they'll use anything that's available. Did you notice any coathangers in the trees also?
1633303335_tokyo_crows_nest.jpg

aussiefarmer said:
Drink cans or old food cans or bigger oil cans ?

Could be a traditional Latin dance site.

They were all beer cans. From a few that had a slight bit of print left I could see they were old xxxx gold cans.

justoverthehill said:
aussiefarmer said:

They were all beer cans. From a few that had a slight bit of print left I could see they were old xxxx gold cans.
Queensland Christmas tinsel

aussiefarmer said:
justoverthehill said:
aussiefarmer said:

Queensland Christmas tinsel

That would be XXXXmas decorations. :playful:

Latest posts