my 1st experimental project!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
1394250747_66160_288527227922684_1333809027_n.jpg

With a bit more water flow it would be great for cleaning out your concentrates. May be good to have a small section of slick plate at the head of the sluice to get separation started....30 cm would do the trick. ;) keep the projects going, as it is the best learning curve you will ever have.

Wal.

WalnLiz said:
With a bit more water flow it would be great for cleaning out your concentrates. May be good to have a small section of slick plate at the head of the sluice to get separation started....30 cm would do the trick. ;) keep the projects going, as it is the best learning curve you will ever have.

Wal.

hi wal,yep thats what i built it for, you are right about the low flow,the bilge is a 600l/per/hr and it needs double that. i used that really small expanded mesh from supercheap and i cut strips from a miners moss doormat from clark rubber lol

scott :cool:

Should work quite well Scott, look forward to hearing a report on the next lot of gold you put through it. Best of luck with the sluice,

Cheers Wal.

Looks good Scott, great little set up into the kiddies pool, what is it made from?

Dont forget to show us some shots of the end product!

Cheers, Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Looks good Scott, great little set up into the kiddies pool, what is it made from?

Dont forget to show us some shots of the end product!

Cheers, Tone

thanx tone, the sluice box itself is just cheap pine from bunnings coz just a prototype,didnt realise that leaving it in the sun after use would buckle it all. lol...my prototyping started in season 1 of gold rush Alaska,i used lego to design my own scaled down little red and then built it using balsa wood...it sorta worked,had 3 classifying screens and a spray hopper built out of a small funnel and mist spray nozzles from the gargening section at bunning lol...will put a pic up soon!

Well you sure are taking innovation to the full extent of the word!

Love the triple feed on the prototype separator unit, get rid of the overburden at every chance!

You need to get your hands on some of that storm water channel, looks similar dimension to your unit, and it wont warp and you can add to it!

Cheers, Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Well you sure are taking innovation to the full extent of the word!

Love the triple feed on the prototype separator unit, get rid of the overburden at every chance!

You need to get your hands on some of that storm water channel, looks similar dimension to your unit, and it wont warp and you can add to it!

Cheers, Tone

yep that sounds like the go...i must say the turbo trommel really got my attention,ide love to build a scaled down 1 but with a sluice at each end, 2 x 12v high torque electric motors with speed controllers operating seperately for inner and outer barrels (jaycar electronics)...i have the design in my head but the problem is finding a pipe product that is a approx 120-150mm in diameter and has a an inner thread or spiraling...?...not sure if something like this could be lathed?

Scott. I have seen PVC pipe that is large diameter. Usually see it around new housing developments when the services are going in. Check your local plumbers. I doubt bunnings will carry something that useful. ;)

Cheers, Tone

Great set up Scott, at work we sometimes use a polypropylene pipe called storm pro it ranges in sizes from 150mm to 900mm I think, the outer section is ribbed and it may be adapted to what you are looking for, just google storm pro

Big bryza said:
Great set up Scott, at work we sometimes use a polypropylene pipe called storm pro it ranges in sizes from 150mm to 900mm I think, the outer section is ribbed and it may be adapted to what you are looking for, just google storm pro

yeah thats sorta on the right track,ive done a bit of pipelaying and am firmilar with storm pro...but...the groves on the inside MUST spiral,corkscrew or have a thread from 1 end of the pipe to the other,set on the right angle with washed gravel inside it and the spiraling spining up-hill,it pulls the heavyest materials out from under itself...ive spent hrs and hrs searching the net...no product exists...yet lol :)

Can you run a length of 20mm ali or something similar to make a corkscrew your after? I am sure a few pieces of 20 mm angle cut to the right length would help support it all

Latest posts