Banned
Banned
29 March 2021 12:02 pm

Found this on Finders.

"So dasinator777 is Jason struzco of Facebook and also maple leaf on PA?"

No wonder you are pushing the QED.

Cheers

Doug

Forest Gump once said "life is like a detector going beep, you don't know what it is till you dig it up"

2 users like this post: XLOOX, Araratgold

Maple Leaf
Banned
Banned
29 March 2021 01:02 pm

Rockhunter62 wrote:

Found this on Finders.

Cheers

Doug

And i bet you dont even own one would be my guess let alone seen or used a Qed. Good luck with your 2200d or what ever you currently use Doug. Your mate Madtuna hasnt a clue.

Rockhunter62
Banned
Banned
29 March 2021 03:06 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:
Rockhunter62 wrote:

Found this on Finders.

Cheers

Doug

And i bet you dont even own one would be my guess let alone seen or used a Qed. Good luck with your 2200d or what ever you currently use Doug. Your mate Madtuna hasnt a clue.

You are right Maple Leaf, I don't own one or even used one but you have to keep abreast of other detectors to know what is available or useable. But I do think that my GPZ 7000 shits on your QED and it sounds like our Gold Monster would be better than some of those QEDs also.

Cheers

Doug

Forest Gump once said "life is like a detector going beep, you don't know what it is till you dig it up"

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

Maple Leaf
Banned
Banned
29 March 2021 03:43 pm

thumbsup

Rockhunter62 wrote:
Maple Leaf wrote:
Rockhunter62 wrote:

Found this on Finders.

Cheers

Doug

You are right Maple Leaf, I don't own one or even used one but you have to keep abreast of other detectors to know what is available or useable. But I do think that my GPZ 7000 shits on your QED and it sounds like our Gold Monster would be better than some of those QEDs also.

Cheers

Doug

mbasko
29 March 2021 08:53 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:
mbasko wrote:
Maple Leaf wrote:
OldGT wrote:
Maple Leaf wrote:

Yes recently as in the last week.

Ok. Cheers. Not to be a critic just seemed like it was said with some authority which struck me as odd given your initial introduction.

Friend of a friend

Jeez not bad going.
Gone from a newbie after advice on what detector to buy to rubbing shoulders with people that have insider development information in less than a month.
How's the SDC going for you? wink

Its not what you know but who you know. Your obvioussly not in the know it seems. Sdc is going good by the way. I cant see how my business is any of your concerns. thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
Food for thought for a troll of many names. thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

Reg Wilson
Banned
Banned
29 March 2021 10:25 pm

The new face of QED. I think I left at the right time.

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

4 users like this post: provari, goody2shoes, Araratgold, RM Outback

Jaros
29 March 2021 10:47 pm

I think he had better sign up as a sponsor the way he's going.

F1A4M2, GPX4500, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Rockhunter62
Banned
Banned
29 March 2021 11:27 pm

Jaros wrote:

I think he had better sign up as a sponsor the way he's going.

I think that there would be a few others that should too Jaros.

Cheers

Doug

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Reg Wilson
Banned
Banned
15 July 2021 12:07 am

The promised ground tracking that is printed on the control box (menu) and which was promised mid year has not reached fruition and has not shown any chance of eventuation. As a matter of fact it has never been anything more than a dream with no real development or prototype. It was in fact a con to entice prospective buyers into committing to purchase believing that this would be installed in the near future. When quizzed over this promise Bugs said that it would be a reality 'when he gets time'.
Really!!!???

Last edited by Reg Wilson (15 July 2021 12:08 am)

Walmer Central Victoria

diggin4gold
15 July 2021 02:29 am

Reg Wilson wrote:

The promised ground tracking that is printed on the control box (menu) and which was promised mid year has not reached fruition and has not shown any chance of eventuation. As a matter of fact it has never been anything more than a dream with no real development or prototype. It was in fact a con to entice prospective buyers into committing to purchase believing that this would be installed in the near future. When quizzed over this promise Bugs said that it would be a reality 'when he gets time'.
Really!!!???

I remember when this was announced and when I enquired about it I was told there's no need for it because the new ground balance method was far better.
I was not impressed.
So for me it's no good in hot ground

More work needs to be done on a better ground balance method instead of these updates.

Rush
15 July 2021 12:27 pm

Also be good if you could just hold the AGB button in and pump the coil up and down, as is the ML method, to quickly re-GB the detector.

2 users like this post: nesral, mbasko

OldGT
15 July 2021 08:55 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

Really!!!???

Caveat Emptor. I guess unless it does become a reality then its not unfair to speculate on whether its development will eventuate, as you rightly point out if the developer/manufacturer cant at least give some direction on a new date.

I saw the brief exchange you had regarding this and in spite of the inference of you being the originator of the question I thought it was poor form to give the answer in reply that was given, regardless of how you are viewed there. It was a fair question that should have been given a proper response, who asked it and why should be irrelevant if the developer was serious about the product and its overall reputation and image.

It might be a good usuable machine in the future, a bit dissapointing no date was set.

Reg Wilson
Banned
Banned
15 July 2021 11:26 pm

Unfortunately, promises that were made in regard to development have been a fantasy, and rather than improvements, compromises have been the reality.
The PL3 was a low budget but adequate PI detector, basic but capable of finding gold. The PL4 is a disappointment.
It is highly unlikely that there will be a PL5 as the technology using the current circuit board has reached its limit.

Walmer Central Victoria