Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diggin4gold said:
There's got to be something better than alligator clips

True, but this detector is made for an international market, including the third world where I'd guess a lot of potential users are lucky to own a motor bike, much less a car or pickup. Alligator clips may seem cheap and nasty to you and me, but they're more universal/adaptable than cigar lighter plugs.

maldongold said:
Picking up the 6000 tomorrow from Coilteks Maryborough store. :Y:

I was told next week over here,flyin solo a long way out into the gr vic desert to have a look at some country for the week on tues,first trip of the year,wife's in perth for the week,she can't pick it up either :mad:
Would of been nice to have it with me but without the 17 i'd use the 45 or 7 anyway.New country.
Oh well,no rush in the goldrush,its panned out pretty good actually,arriving at the start of the season for all.
Good luck with it MG,keen to hear early reports on it.....

Moneybox said:
maldongold said:
Moneybox said:
You guys can argue for a while longer......

It's delayed again....sometime in May but no delivery date available.
On the grapevine.Mid april reliable source.

It's pruning season for grapes. May delivery if all goes well this time :|
Picking mine up on the 16 april.The prospectors pick was your source.Lol. :lol:

maldongold said:
Moneybox said:
maldongold said:
Moneybox said:

In all fairness to Mr. MoneyBox, I was advised may too and the release next week was a bit unexpected :)

kingswood said:
maldongold said:
Moneybox said:
maldongold said:
Moneybox said:

In all fairness to Mr. MoneyBox, I was advised may too and the release next week was a bit unexpected :)
I'm only having a dig because of his slightly annoyed imoticon :|.He gave his opinion and i gave mine but he had to assert with a second opinion that he was correct
and i was incorrect.A small matter but just get sick of the one upsmanship that tends to spoil these great forums.

And people who work in the prospecting industry and give supposedly unbiased information about new products are ok????? Pfffft.

Dave79 said:
And people who work in the prospecting industry and give supposedly unbiased information about new products are ok????? Pfffft.
If you prospect and own a detector, your not biased.Its only the dealers.If you dont want the 6000 dont buy it no one twisting your arm up your back to buy one.So what are digging at.It looks like your a super strong willed individual that cant be swayed so why do you give a shit.

kingswood said:
PhaseTech said:
Looks like Minelab were very busy behind the scenes. Those videos are perfect, means I don't have to do training and can get out and dig some more gold myself :cool: :pickshovel:

Some of my finds during field testing.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3149/1618457752_nug_1.jpg
Cool :) Thanks Mate!
How much can you write about it now???......
I see in pic using difficult and manual sensitivity...
How is normal mode?? Whats it like on hot rocks??? :)

Difficult and manual sensitivity is my go to. Last time out I was using Auto with the threshold and it worked well. Just old habits, I like to be in control where possible.
Normal I haven't really explored it fully, as the main places I was going were very mineralised soils. I tested back and forth a lot on undug targets, and most times I got a clearer signal in Difficult, but every time it was tiny lead or a small gold nugget. The few times Normal gave a better response, the target was always a 22 lead or bigger.

The only hot rocks I've dug had gold in them! Actually that isn't true, pretty sure I've dug a few, but same as what you'd find with the GPZ, i.e. not many.

For those who don't mind wired headphones, have your favourite pair etc. the Equinox headphone adaptor fits. The SteelPhase works great with the 6000, but of course that means you can't use the supplied wireless headphones. But plenty of options with the built in bluetooth.

Basically, if minelab and minelab dealers want to advertise the GPX6000, go for it. Just admit that it is an advertisement and don't try to pretend that it's just a prospectors with nothing to gain from increasing the sales of it giving an unbiased review of a new product. Sorry, but my bulls#!t detector rarely picks up false signals and you are clearly an employee of coiltek Maryborough.

Sorry, just to add on the Normal vs Difficult. Sometimes when checking a target, the response in Normal would be the same - this would often be a slightly better or should I say "less tiny" bit of gold a little deeper. But detecting around and you'd get a lot more response from the ground. So I just got in the habit of using Difficult, and switching to Normal occasionally to check.

Thanks for the info Nenad. Keen to soak up all the info you are happy to part with : ) How well does the "no threshold" mode work? Have you checked faint targets in this mode?

PhaseTech said:
kingswood said:
PhaseTech said:
Looks like Minelab were very busy behind the scenes. Those videos are perfect, means I don't have to do training and can get out and dig some more gold myself :cool: :pickshovel:

Some of my finds during field testing.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3149/1618457752_nug_1.jpg
Cool :) Thanks Mate!
How much can you write about it now???......
I see in pic using difficult and manual sensitivity...
How is normal mode?? Whats it like on hot rocks??? :)

Difficult and manual sensitivity is my go to. Last time out I was using Auto with the threshold and it worked well. Just old habits, I like to be in control where possible.
Normal I haven't really explored it fully, as the main places I was going were very mineralised soils. I tested back and forth a lot on undug targets, and most times I got a clearer signal in Difficult, but every time it was tiny lead or a small gold nugget. The few times Normal gave a better response, the target was always a 22 lead or bigger.

The only hot rocks I've dug had gold in them! Actually that isn't true, pretty sure I've dug a few, but same as what you'd find with the GPZ, i.e. not many.

For those who don't mind wired headphones, have your favourite pair etc. the Equinox headphone adaptor fits. The SteelPhase works great with the 6000, but of course that means you can't use the supplied wireless headphones. But plenty of options with the built in bluetooth.

ok so me gogs and steelphase will work .......how much better do you reckon....Nenad

Latest posts