Wagga Wagga Riverina region NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Passlow,
Best check Livingston state forest status. There was plenty Tungsten, some silver, and some gold diggings. Pretty sure all is off limits to detecting.
Not sure about Berry jerry, most gold in this area is fine and sparse. Small reefs and quartz lens
Cheers stay safe
Diablo

hi all I am new to this site and Wagga , just wondering if there's a group of us around Wagga to help each other out as it is prooving difficult to find out what I need to detect here and where's any spots or is it a bit of a good luck type deal ? Thanks guys
I'm in Wagga too would love any assistance

hi all I am new to this site and Wagga , just wondering if there's a group of us around Wagga to help each other out as it is prooving difficult to find out what I need to detect here and where's any spots or is it a bit of a good luck type deal ? Thanks guys
I feel like we need a detectorist group lol at least start a FB page there seems to be a few of us

Has anyone else found mines on Bozzle australian atlas?
Or this new weird site that can list mines all over Australia. I found an old mine reference outside Wagga and went here and got longitude and latitude. If its not dodgy it could be an awesome searcher reference tool
http://www.prospectinglocations.com/regions.php?id=147
World of Shiny Stuff has been around for several years now. It's accurate enough & based on existing state data sets + other sources of info.
It does have the following disclaimer though:
Disclaimer: Even though I am making this information readily available and try to ensure the information is as accurate as possible, before fossicking at a site you should do your own research to confirm if you can fossick in an area, and that that area contains the minerals for which you are looking. It is the individual fossicker's responsibility to gain permission before fossicking at any location.
You could cross reference with sites like Minview.

I'm in Wagga too would love any assistance
Yes mate in brooklyn ave bourklands there was a gold mine its where the empty block is heading east on lhs, there was another one at the back of the golf course at pomingalana, but was blasted and filled in, as in the 1950s an old man used to guard the enterance i think he camped on the reserve, and kept the kids out. Then when they blew it up there was still a very small space and the local small kids could squeeze there way into it to have a look but a bit hard to find nowadays, the 3rd is off the wirrajurry walking track heading to kapooka heading west it was the 2nd last hill, i think mr. Winterbottom the poultry farmer did own the property at one time, the 2 p****n boys were making a small living there by blasting the quartz and crushing it, then someone built a new home near by and advised them if the blasting damaged there house foundation they would be up for an expensive repare bill, after they stopped a week later a bulldozier came in and pushed it in, the shortest way to have a look, is to walk under the railway walk tunnel and follow track to east past winterbottoms old home site and 2nd hill on rhs very easy to pick out, waggas gold to deep as no surface gold and would be to fine on top for your detector. Try some mulick heaps east of wagga is your best bet , try looking on google earth. You will mainly just find a few relicks.

Latest posts