Just starting off

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm just starting off. I grew up in Bendigo and surrounds and my grandfather was a miner in the area, so I've always had an interest in gold but didn't do anything about it. Anyway I decided I would buy a detector as my son is always digging for buried treasure :D. I bought a Garrett 200i and have just been having a tinker around my local area. It wasn't until I had started I realised I proberly didn't have the right detector for gold prospecting. So far my son and I have had lots of fun looking for stuff underground. I found this place and thought it would be a good place to starting learning more. Thanks for having me.

Welcome clintonb, you're in the right place.
Not sure about the 200i and its gold capabilities but hey, I started with an xTerra 705 and although no gold had a ball looking and learning.
The time will come when you decide you want to really have a bash or just keep tinkering, important thing is keep your son interested and have fun.
Enjoy what PA has to offer,
Cheers T.

Thanks all for the welcomes :D

My son and I have a great time detecting over the last couple of weeks. We haven't had any major finds (except a couple of coins, a silver brooch/name tag, and a lead toy soldier) but we have had lots of fun and found plenty of bits and bobs. I decide today if we were going to all the effort of going out we should at least have a machine that might increase our luck. So I bought an Equinox 600. Here's hoping I did the right thing?

Thanks again

Clinton

Latest posts