Thoughts on printed river sluice.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simeypoo said:
MrPyro89 said:
Nice work on finding some gold! some days i wish i had a 3d printer to play with lol

Mate I found a half decent pattern for pans... Can't wait to see if they turn out alright, but first things first. Mrs wants a hello kitty cappuccino stencil.
Bloody hell get your prioroties right man ! :mad: Just kidding :playful: Important to keep the mrs happy and a hello kitty stencil will be lovely I am sure {) :lol:
Your printed sluice looks great. I thinkmit will work quite well and anyway the best way to learn is by having a go. I experimented a bit with plastic ( abs ) the first time I worked with abs I tried to glue pieces together with an abs slurry by melting bits down with acetone. It seemed really stong at the time but a jolt would cause the slurry welds to break because it crystalizes and becomes brittle there so was ultimately a failure.. You probably know this already but if it saves you some time and money thought I should mention it.
1599256588_1497277321_img_20170612_235107.jpg

what make and model printer please? Been thinking of grabbing one for some time. Whats the working dimensions?

Yeah goldfreak, absolutely know that already as I used to have a cheap Chinese piece of crap ripoff of a makerforge and the only way to get ABS to stick to the glass bed was to make a slurry and use it as bed adhesive. It's not the most reliable shit, but it has its uses.
These bits have a tongue and groove system which keeps them together, and once I put them in the channel they won't be able to come apart unless I take them out and take them apart.
1599261807_join.jpg

BigL said:
what make and model printer please? Been thinking of grabbing one for some time. Whats the working dimensions?
I'm just using the Ender 3 now. The build vole is 220x220x250 so not the greatest but it's enough for me like... I'm doing it for small scale things so I don't need something like the cr10.

Latest posts