⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OzzieAu said:
MegsyB007 said:
Congratulations Wally - that's a great little nugget!

If you look closely at it, you can see the profile of a boxer dog on the right, and a little person on the left with your finger on their head (or maybe that's just me! :lol:

Cheers,
Megsy
Haha, you lady nugget whisperers certainly have an eye for detail and imagination, but I think you might have missed the baby moles face top right.... I think.. :)

:playful: Can't see the mole's face, sorry. But if you turn it 90 degrees to the right, I can see a snake peering at me from the top and a man bending over digging in the left bottom corner!

And I haven't had a single drink! :lol:

Cheers,
Megsy

Thanks all, personally I can only see a Chinese miner humping a potato ??
1597140761_6d5af95b-3e77-48df-aa24-22c592d60239.jpg

Good to see someone is posting there finds
And getting out there and having a go :Y:
You just inspired me. Gunna plan a trip
Thanks OldGT. :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

I call it "The Cherry Popper"
My first nugget/specimen.
11g specimen found with SD2100 using 11" Super Goldsearch coil.
Depth was about 4 inches (100 mm)
It's a bloody rough track into the mine. Rocky, very overgrown and not a place I'd recommend for a day trip. Some people have gone in with quads.
This specimen has been walked over by dozens who came before me and I've also walked over it or past it a dozen times.
1597371123_received_630549327868096.jpg

Edit: Doesn't pay to disclose where you find things.

silver said:
Ohhhh looks like that one popped up from down near hell Wally..... big fella snorted out in a dream that the quads had been sneakin around close by :p
I feel sure he's gunna sort it for ya though ! O:)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1597579629_screenshot_2020-08-16-22-04-24.jpg

The owner of the property had only given me permission to go there at the time. He was suprised to hear others had been down there.
If you are going down there, please ring Ron and let him know you are going to be on his property. He is getting seriously ticked off and wants the rego numbers off of vehicles that do not have permission to be there.

I'm kind of curious why you called me " big fella" though...

Cheers!

Little bit of Redcastle gold from a few weeks ago. All little fellas.
The two in the middle were with the 5000 in a gravel bar down in an old dry creek that was worked.
The rest with the SDC where I was dryblowing. Dryblower picked up a few pickers and fines but forgot to take a pic of the pan.

Over 50 pieces from the area (maybe 50 x 50) and total weight was under 5 grams I think lol :lol:

1597630752_redcastle2.jpg

Hi everyone.
A while back I was communicating with a couple of guys about a novel I was writing based around gold mining. The book is finished (Big thanks to those who helped me with relevant info) and Im working on the cover. Id really like to get my hands on a photo of a man extending his hand towards the camera and holding some medium-sized nuggets. (three, by preference) If anyone here has a photo that would suit Id really like to hear from you. Theres definitely a free copy in it and Im willing to negotiate on a reasonable fee. Thanks in anticipation. Thomas (tudogz)

tudogz said:
Hi everyone.
A while back I was communicating with a couple of guys about a novel I was writing based around gold mining. The book is finished (Big thanks to those who helped me with relevant info) and Im working on the cover. Id really like to get my hands on a photo of a man extending his hand towards the camera and holding some medium-sized nuggets. (three, by preference) If anyone here has a photo that would suit Id really like to hear from you. Theres definitely a free copy in it and Im willing to negotiate on a reasonable fee. Thanks in anticipation. Thomas (tudogz)
tudogz.... ya might need to put a photo up of how you want the outstretched hand to look for you.... there'd be a few blokes on here ready and willing to hold out there nuggets for ya in a photo(I'm sure lol) for a little fame.... ya just need to pretend for us so we know the camera angle your looking for and the nice looking nugget size
And I recon ya'd need two people cause it's not easy with one
1597877451_screenshot_2020-08-20-08-42-07.jpg
1597877485_screenshot_2020-08-20-08-42-45.jpg
1597877515_screenshot_2020-08-20-08-45-30.jpg

And.... you might need to show what sort of background you want as well.
Not the regular sort of photo your after hey :p

tudogz said:
Hi everyone.
Reg Wilson would be the person to chat with, pretty sure he would have something from his gold album for you, and big multi hundred oz nuggs. Hes on this forum look him up. :Y:

Latest posts