Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anniegee said:
First name is Ann, but I've been known as Annie Gee (surname starts with a G) since 1975 when I was at Agricultural college.

Funnily enough, I found out after I left there that I also had another nickname (used behind my back by a few of the lads there)..which was Nugget...(as in having a tough, "nuggety" body type) because I could carry heavier bags of pig feed, shear a sheep quicker than any of them and didn't put up with any BS (despite being 5' 1" and weighing in around 55kg), so discovered why I'd gotten a healthy dose of respect from most the blokes :lol:

maybe they thought you were pure gold.

My nickname for 30 years was Pigdog...(until I wiped all my friends) But that wasn't appropriate for PA.....Smoky bandet was givin to me by an x member of PA ....I was smoky as I used to love a joint or 3...And the sluice was the bandit as it robbed all the gold..There I said it. :lol: :lol: :beer:

My first name is Frank because I was named after my grandfather who used to be the warf/lighthouse keeper in carnarvon. The donovan part I got from my dad which makes my forum name almost exactly my actual name. Some people would see that as carelessly giving people too much info, and while I do agree with them to some degree, I err on the side of honesty because a pet peeve of mine is dishonesty.

Frankdonovan121 said:
My first name is Frank because I was named after my grandfather who used to be the warf/lighthouse keeper in carnarvon. The donovan part I got from my dad which makes my forum name almost exactly my actual name. Some people would see that as carelessly giving people too much info, and while I do agree with them to some degree, I err on the side of honesty because a pet peeve of mine is dishonesty.
Well Frank, youd be easy to find as you live between 2 trees. :D
Are you in my front yard? :/ :D

Mine came from my boys obsession with wolves .
Me and the kids were doing a fair bit of river exploring kayaking and the Mrs made us some cool wolf pack kayak crew stickers for our boats.
Though I may have messed up as the daughter designed her native dog prospecting stickers this morning for her mining company :lol:

WA Mining companies used PVC pipe for haulage roadside indicators and drill holes.
Wanted some pipe for a project at our camp, went to an abandoned minesite and pulled a few lengths out.
Every piece of pipe had dead birds, one was still alive and I was able to photograph it before it flew away.
Later identified them as "Nightjars" a nocturnal bird that usually roosts during the day.
Wrote a letter to the then Premier (Richard Court) explaining the situation with the use of PVC pipe not only for road markers but drill holes was a killer. The Nightjars would slide down into the pipe and not be able to climb back out.

The Mines Minister declared the use of PVC pipe for road markers was now banned and all new drill holes be capped, many Nightjars and wild life was saved from slow death.
***If you come across and old drill hole while detecting, place a large rock over the opening. You will no doubt come across lengths of 12mm irrigation pipe sticking out of the ground, on the end are concrete tapered plugs blocking the holes on later day holes***

Hence: " Nightjar "

Mine's fairly easy to work out - it's my name. You can probably work out the surname if you think about it (and haven't been living in a cave since the 1960's). :playful:

I've used the black cat as my avatar in several different places - not because because I'm a crazy cat lady or a witch - it's because I was born on Friday the 13th.

Cheers,
Megsy

Mines pretty obvious.( last name Thomas)
Ive been a Thomo forever, my brother is a Thomo but its stuck to me
Most of my mates in town ( Mt Beauty)had nicknames and most people really wouldnt know what their real names were.
Heres a couple of examples
Mick - Raymond
Blockhead- Rainer
Fatty- Kevin
Germ- Philip
Buster- Ronald
And they are still known by their nicknames to this day

Sanguine said:
Sanguine has two meanings; Blood red / bloody and optimistic / hopeful. With gold prospecting I'm always bloody hopeful I'll find something!
Love your Bully avatar Sanguine :heart:

Latest posts