GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So have been doing some reading on the 19 v 14" coils...
Would I be correct in thinking that basically HY/Diff on the 19" would be hitting a similar depth to Gen/Normal on the 14"??

They are interesting , i have got shallow nuggets the 14 has missed but if theres sticks and trash the spoked 19 will catch them all and drive you bonkers. Its heavy and akward but in the right situation they are gold :Y: , target location is slow and tedious even more so at depth they are great on flogged ground covering it quickly , if your digging a target every minute or so it pays to use the 14 first and then go 19.

Thanks Aussie :)
Yeah i have gone over the area with the 14"...thinking time for the 19"...Its bloody noisy ground so normal is just to loud...I guess 19" will be deeper generally than the 14"...

I used the 19 pre update (more than 12 months ago and it was a noisy bugger , but since the updates it is smooth with just the odd warble if its not parallel with the ground.
The sensitivity difference is obvious so the depth difference has to be great. 14 will signal my big pick at waste hieght , the 19 will signal it at shoulder height. I usually sit the big pick under a tree and scratch with my little pick until i get a deep target.
It will find nails at more than 2ft.

Anyone know if there are more coils planned to be coming out for the Zed?
I am sure minelab have been busy with the developement of gold monster and Equinox but now maby they have time to focus on this?
I would love a small coil just for getting in and around those tight and rocky spots

Lord, if you have a squiz here https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7861-25-inch-coil-zed-7000/ there are heaps of pics throughout the thread of different size coils being made by a Russian mob and there is a small one in that.

They look promising but they aren't made by Minelab and who knows what issues with warranty, etc we might have.

They are all still prototypes at this stage. I think there is a thread on here somewhere too. And there are a couple about the different coils on DP forum.

Interesting.... not sure how I would feel about buying one unless it was from a brand I knew, minelab / coiltek / nugget finder.
I am considering an SDC just for the small coil but can't justify the spend. so I guess if these were put into production and in shops it would be wiser for me to just get the coil. Hope someone puts something out, think there is a market there.

Yep, coils through Minelab would give everyone much more peace of mind.

These ones also require you to bastardize the connection from your stock 14 coil to use as a patch lead between the GPZ and the new coils. I wont be keen on that.

Maybe PhaseTech could do one like he did for the SDC?

Hi guys I've been following the development of these coils closely, I am going to take a punt and buy one. I have a broken zed coil(motorbike) so the plugs no problem.

Back to ground balance.... What do you guys do when you get a really faint whisper in the threshold, do you lock GB into manual or leave it in semi auto?

LORD said:
Interesting.... not sure how I would feel about buying one unless it was from a brand I knew, minelab / coiltek / nugget finder.
I am considering an SDC just for the small coil but can't justify the spend. so I guess if these were put into production and in shops it would be wiser for me to just get the coil. Hope someone puts something out, think there is a market there.
Not having a dig at you or singularing you out, but others on the forums also make similar statements. Just interesting that you state that you also use the spo1 booster. Is that not from one of the big 3 suppliers. Steelphase has broken into the market and this new coil maker is also trying to develop and break into the market. Time will tell, but i have seen the new aftermarket prototype that davesgold has been trying out and believe what dave is saying is honest and trustworthy. We all look forward to getting that little edge and many are prepared to try. Remember before the new Z hit the market, lots of banter good and bad and price wise every body complained, but now the story is different.
I will be lining up for an aftermarket coil if further test results are positive, regardless where it comes from.

I know exactly where your coming from travelergold

When I said
so I guess if these were put into production and in shops it would be wiser for me to just get the coil.
I was talking about these prototypes, if they were available I would get one over spending 3k on another machine.

I am more of a "wait and see the results" over a pioneer hahaha

cq gold digger said:
Hi guys I've been following the development of these coils closely, I am going to take a punt and buy one. I have a broken zed coil(motorbike) so the plugs no problem.

Back to ground balance.... What do you guys do when you get a really faint whisper in the threshold, do you lock GB into manual or leave it in semi auto?

Always semi auto ground balance, since update have not used anything else but semi auto. Really faint in difficult just switch to normal until you know its a real target.

Spoke with a local cabbie last month detecting in the area for about 30 years , he said the trick was to turn gain or sensitivity down to zero, then bring threshold up to that sweet hum...Threshold is key to finding gold , Once stabilised turn on the gain/sensitivity to a point where it interferes then back it off to regain that sweet hum. Do ground balance every 15/30 min with noise cancellation and turn audio smoothing off regardless of the machine he was using, he did make a point saying the 4500 with killer coil (cant remember but will ask when I see him again ) was better than his 7000 that was more like a bullet magnet :(
Trust me he knew his stuff and had the evidence to prove it with dozens and dozens of nuggets (big) on his iPad, I was absolutely gobsmacked :eek:

Latest posts