Cash transactions becoming obsolete

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats about some nuffa who couldnt manage his own budget/credit cards, not about cashless transactions mate.
Theres a Big difference from cashless transactions to using credit cards.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Can't find a Plane with 300 people onboard, but they want to be able to track every transaction we make. Priorities of this world.

Maybe they should go chase the big companies who evade tax and monitor them more closely and leave us simple folk to continue to make ends meet the best way we can.

I like Cashless and Cash, I think each has its own purpose and can be handy and useful.

not found because a northern .org does not want it to be found.

es cargo :|

hAyyoUinAU said:
My concern is if it becomes a cashless world, what happens when the computers crash??
How do we do our transactions?? Or what if the data gets lost, wiped...gone???

Guess that is why we have precious metals for backup maybe.

I like having a mix of both, you should never keep all your eggs in one basket they say.

:D

"normal" old fashioned nuclear weapons create a thing called EMP or HEMP which kills all electronic devices , mobile phones , computers , internet , electricity grid , solar panels , UHF radios , modern vehicle ECU's within a few hundred kilometers.

There are rumoured to also be newer technology weapons which specifically target electronics devices with a greater range and intensity.

If Ru , CN , Kor or US get silly and start a nuke war resulting in 80 % of civilian electronics being destroyed , tell me about how this cashless society works ?

tell me about the value of your cryptocurrency you stored on that USB stick smoking away on the floor ?

tell me even about how banks are going to come online and tell you what your current bank balance is ?

tell me what you will use to buy a horse for riding to work until the new ECU arrives for your car ...the part thats on a 2 year waiting list from japan.

I wonder if anyone in govt has prepared a study on wtf to do to respond to such a thing ?

ps , electronics can be stored in special Mil-Spec HEMP resistant storage that protects 100 % against damage.

If you thought war was on the horizon , you would store your choice of electronic investment in one and sell them when the dust settles.

i reckon ECU's for landcruisers , UHF radios and solar panels would have the most value.

7.6.. plenty of other take away joints take card.. the atm 3 doors down prob charge 2.50 to withdraw :) id prefer to drive the 3 blocks closer to home for nice Chinese. :)

This thread makes me laugh. Soooo many gloom and doomers.

That scenario is coming it's just time line and cause that's up for debate.
When you go outside tomorrow and peer up at that big gaseous ball that sustains us, just remember that a slight murmur pointed in our direction will fry the electronics we all rely on, if humans don't unleash it first, the sun will eventually.

I can hunt, forage, defend, and survive, skills we should all be teaching our children. I don't dwell on it but on a long enough time line it will happen.

what I find scary in modern times is 3 main things 1 kids playing mindless violent video games and think later on its ok to shoot anyone or steal anything 2 betting adds on tv again trying to get young 18 year olds to gamble and waste money 3 your supper agency's who look after your money yet they deplete your money in high fees.

as for cashless not really my thing I do use it sometimes but I prefer cash at least you can see how much you spend and you're never over drawn or have to pay a $10 overdrawn fee to your lovely bank on top of the money you have over drawn.

ohh and times are changing get with it or get left behind crap im 23 and prefer older things at least they are made to last unlike most things that break keeping someone in a job e.g. touch screen phones. speaking of things breaking down my washing machine has been repaired 6 times already and has mostly plastic parts witch wear out quickly witch I hate. sometimes simple old tech is the best not this new crap or we gota buy a new phone every 10 mins stuff that

Hunting the yellow said:
what I find scary in modern times is 3 main things 1 kids playing mindless violent video games and think later on its ok to shoot anyone or steal anything 2 betting adds on tv again trying to get young 18 year olds to gamble and waste money 3 your supper agency's who look after your money yet they deplete your money in high fees.

as for cashless not really my thing I do use it sometimes but I prefer cash at least you can see how much you spend and you're never over drawn or have to pay a $10 overdrawn fee to your lovely bank on top of the money you have over drawn.

ohh and times are changing get with it or get left behind crap im 23 and prefer older things at least they are made to last unlike most things that break keeping someone in a job e.g. touch screen phones. speaking of things breaking down my washing machine has been repaired 6 times already and has mostly plastic parts witch wear out quickly witch I hate. sometimes simple old tech is the best not this new crap or we gota buy a new phone every 10 mins stuff that

I'm with you Hunting the yellow. Just had 4 grandkids stay the weekend. While the younger one, 3, spent most of his time outside the other three up too nine spent most of the time watching tv or playing on iPad. It seems a shame to me but I'm sure when I was little my parents felt like I do now, maybe on a different scale about different things ie.. " When we were kids we had to walk five miles to school." " For Christmas we got an orange and a can of Coke" " We were so poor we lived in a shoe box in the middle of the road"
Ok that last one might be an exaggeration but you get my drift.

Im 40 and love new tech .. Id much prefer a mobile phone with a gps app to log my prospecting on and to never miss a call as my phones in my pocket not stuck on the wall at home. :)

If u like old, Maybe buy a washboard and a big metal tub next time instead of paying a repairman 6 times to fix something.. which probably cost you more than just getting a new one... then recycle the motor like OP has before into a project.

Im all for the convenience of new tech.

Im on the 'other side' of 50 & I still like a bit of tech (hey, im writing this on my laptop & doing research online), but Im all to happy to leave it in its case/bags as I head out of suburbia & reception range.
I find it a bit sad & unfortunate that so many young people cant even use a map & compass properly. These are the ones at high risk if they get lost or stranded in a remote area. How many kids (or even adults) would think to stuff their shirt/jacket with leaves if stranded in the open overnight in very low temperatures. How many could look at the stars (with no moon) & rapidly point out N-S-E-W & start walking in the right direction.
I think orienteering should be taught in all high schools.
This Orienteering Compass normally NEVER leaves my vehicle. (I took it out to take a pic, then it went straight back).
1538267730_orienteering_compass_lowres.jpg

I might add that compass isn't a cheap plastic Chinese copy either. Its powder-coated metal. Rock solid & reliable. Bought from the Army Surplus store (tho I don't know if its actually an army compass).
I got disorientated once (just once) many years ago in the heart of our s/west deep south forests in the middle of the night with a broken compass & full cloud cover. Luckily there was a partial moon so I just waited a bit & as it shone thru thinner clouds I was able to get a bearing. I will never have a cheap compass again (tho nowadays I usually always have the Hema HN7 & a Garmin handheld GPS in the vehicle as well) :argh:

Professional Military Army Metal Sighting Compass clinometer
This model uses a true sighting optic that allows you a direct read of the internal compass card housed in the fluid filled capsule
The vertical lubber line of the sighting optic lets you take full advantage of the 1 degree resolution used on the compass card
The clinometer allows the measuring of differences in height and slopes
Great for hunting, hiking, Geology and other outdoor activities
Foldable metal lid
Sighting window with sighting line
Floating compass dial with 360 scale
Luminous magnet arrow
Adjustable prism lens
Material: High-strength Engineering Metals, Army Green Paint
This compass is a precision instrument, the deviation of 1 degree or less
Minimum score value: 1
Working temperature: - 20 - + 50
Fluorescent dribbling fluorescent display

haha 7.62 hit it with a 308 ;)
nice data sheet you wrote there!
I thought you would be the one to nail it.
I have a cheaper (lighter) version for actual hiking tho I don't do much anymore (old injuries limit my distance & abilities)
I use this one on odd occasions to pick a line I'm driving from a paper map :eek:

Latest posts