⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1536501270_0ba8826c-54cf-4ad0-b816-c0b54458933a.jpeg

1536501270_b1a23c26-8f94-4b12-b77a-23cff96882f6.jpg

Bjay said:
Wally69 said:
Is it wrong to lick your lips when you look at it :inlove:
Is it wrong to have a bit of a fondle :D

Was gonna say something about fondling stones all the time but this is a family forum :lol:

Nice little bit of opal you're fondling there Bjay :D Where did you get it?

Pat Hogen said:
I fondled the Tomahawk Tiger and Old Mick's Green and the Glen Alva Parti :playful: Even got the photos!

You lucky bugger! :lol:

The Tomahawk Tiger used to be on display in what is now Rubyvale Gem Gallery (Brownie's), we used to go in there as kids and look at it.

Don't recall the Glen Alva Pari but is Old Mick's Green the same stone that was called "The Stonebridge Green"?

I was shown "The Dam Lucky" stone by the owner's brother, now that was a pearler! 107 carats I think it was, and a full alexandrite - light green in one direction, orange in another and pink in artificial light.

Yep, Mick Stonebridge's famous green. He knew it was there, 20 feet down between two outcrops of basalt - the stone was whispering to him, dig here, I need to get out. :rainbow:

Pat Hogen said:
Yep, Mick Stonebridge's famous green. He knew it was there, 20 feet down between two outcrops of basalt - the stone was whispering to him, dig here, I need to get out. :rainbow:

He's one of the characters of the field I never met - I guess he's not around anymore? :|

Two of the blokes just up the track from us on The Divide found one helluva green. They dubbed it "The Easter Egg" because they found it on Easter Sunday. I don't recall how exactly big but I do have vague memories of seeing it ( I guess I was maybe 8 years old at the time). Joe and Carlo have both long since passed away, we don't know whatever became of the stone.

Sorry to get off topic but -
Does anyone remember the Leyland Brothers episode from Inverell?
There was an old chap living out of a tin shed who was using a monster sapphire as a door stop.

Lefty said:
Bjay said:
Wally69 said:
Is it wrong to lick your lips when you look at it :inlove:
Is it wrong to have a bit of a fondle :D

Was gonna say something about fondling stones all the time but this is a family forum :lol:

Nice little bit of opal you're fondling there Bjay :D Where did you get it?
Actually got a bit of rough off a guy I know in my area. Found out He had it in a roundabout sort of way. My mate bought his dads house about 10 years ago and wile looking around his garden not long ago I found a few bits of boulder opal. So I thought ide have a chat to his son and he ended finding a few bits of rough and gave them to me as he has no interest. Nothing great stone wise but a bit of colour to play around with. Funny thing theres now a small stone under my deck to go with the gold Ive dropped under there. :8

Nice Find Bjay...........2yrs ago a mate was demolishing an old house that just happen to have about 300 Crystal Clusters under the floor. Boxes and boxes of them.. Most are not Australian and what I saw and know, would be worth a fortune... Some are very large clusters and from all over the World.... He had no interest in them before the find.... Now he has a collection that would be the Envy of any Collector.... Some have the Luck....

LW...

Thanks Guys,

I am very happy with the end result, love taking them of f the dop and letting the sun shine on them.

Despite having spent many hours staring at the stone on the dop, that first-time dance in the sunlight blows me away every time, the transformation is incredible.

Latest posts