I have only got 4"s!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two small handles are just for extra grip to remove the clamp plate, they tend to jamb with fines and stuff after running a for a while. The 10mm wing nut is the pressure nut for the clamp of the SS 10mm bolt tapped in from underneath.
Anyoneone with any experience of how this can jamb in tight would also know the difference of a river sluice to high banker one would think....

mudgee hunter said:
What are those carnival games called where a like a jack in the box pops it's head up again and again..., and your meant to smack it in the head with a mallet called again? :D

Wack a Mole MH... :Y: There were several variations of the game...

Looking at your Sluice, you may want to move the bottom legs up a bit more to support the middle as I think with Gravel + Water it may weigh a bit and stress out that joint... Just an idea...

LW.....

LW, nah, the joint has been fully tiged up mate. It was originally was goint to be a 2 peice, as mentioned above.
Prtty strong now. But I wish I did move them back 4"s, for ease of getting a clean out bucket under it.

great looking unit Mudgee Hunter, I am looking forward to hearing how it performs....what a beast!

Took it out yesterday for a rough trial run. Sadly no flow, but at Honda creek helped things in a rough set up manner.
On the upside of things, it was a pleasure to carry distance, especially compared to my high banker.
I only needed to use the tail end legs, but Ive decided to have the leg rubbers up top, they may well save an eye when slipping over near it. I'll keep a few squash balls with a hole in them if needed.
I made the squeegee a bit to a neat fit, so I will trim 10mm of it.
It is really a semi self classification unit, like a Wal banker, the bulk of the waste was simply washed down most of the in the 4" section.
I left plenty of air gap at the end above the matting, lowering the 2 locator bolts that the screen sits on 20mm will help eject the waste better.
I took along a retired friend who is a newbi to it all, sadly he now is suffering from type of a contagious fever of sorts.and didnt want to leave at the end of the day :D
Im going to have to move the last legs back a few inches as it hindered getting a pan or bucket under for ease of clean up.
now I ran two different styles of mats, one was the dream, and one was a customized V mat.
The cells in the dream mat looked spot on without build up in the lower parts. I was very happy there.
The V mat seemed to work ok, but might of had too much intense flow, fluhing to much... unsure. But think a natural good flow will show a more accurate test.
We did find a good crevice to work, and got some nice gold considering we only processed about 50/ 60kg of material.
CLEAN UP...
Well what can I say, it stripped apart with ease, the mesh had about a dozen small rock caught in the holes, as I expected, a simple tap on the rocks up side and the vibrated out.
being decent Guage SS, pretty tough, and recommend using it over alloy anyday, with minor significant weight difference. At $60per sqm
I panned both the mats off individually, the dream mat won with 3 tiny specks in it.??????
99% of the gold was in the first stage baffled fluid bed as I had guessed.
Im not bagging the dream mat out at all, super easy to clean etc.
But the baffled/ fluid bed is basically a mini version of how I run my first stage in my banker, and I know its simply works spot on.
my advice is no matter what your personal preferences are to use, riffles, dream mat, V mat, moss etc, give a fluid bed first crack up top for a bit.
It will be like your best friend hunting gold that wont ever let you down.

Latest posts