You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

groovydudes
03 April 2018 01:16 pm

I ordered an EQ600 as an upgrade to my 705. I'm very happy about it. But IMHO there is still loads of distortion around the NOX. More than the Super League war of the 90's!! Haha. So I'll make up my own mind. GL & HH

1 user likes this post: Smoky bandit

Smoky bandit
03 April 2018 01:46 pm

Just a graph..The 600 is not capable to run in 20 or 40 kHz because it doset have the circuitry.Yes you may find gold with the 600 but it's maxim kHz is only 15khz..But it would still be an awesome detector thumbsup

No pain No gain..

2 users like this post: groovydudes, hAyyoUinAU

hAyyoUinAU
03 April 2018 02:32 pm

rockdev wrote:

Just been reading a post by Steve Herschbach, its seems that the E600 is identical in multi frequencies as the E800 and can in fact be used to hunt gold successfully....very interesting indeed.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum … ment-63704

No one knows exactly but Minelab the weighting in MULIT-IQ. And MULTI-IQ in Gold Mode is different to MULTI-IQ say in Park Mode or Beach Mode. Each mode is different in the way the MULTI-IQ works.

The keyword Identical does not mean exactly identical. Eg. 2 people can have identical cars, but they can have 2 different engines. The model is identical.

I would rather have the extra features there if I do need them then not have them at all.
That way there is never any "What ifs"

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, RM Outback

rockdev
03 April 2018 04:24 pm

Little bit more information if someone wants to read it, a guy has done a spectrum test on the equinox 800 and found frequencies of 7.7, 38.8 and maybe one at 18-khz in multi park 1. Its quite interesting all this info but I suppose only minelab know the real deal with it all.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum … ment-56908

Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab X-Terra 705.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
03 April 2018 04:25 pm

Multi-IQ operates no differently regardless of which single frequency options are available. I.e. Multi-IQ is it's own beast.
Here's one way of explaining it - hopefully it makes sense:

A: Multi IQ in Field Mode 1 on the Nox 600 and 800 is the same

B: Multi IQ in Beach Mode 2 on the Nox 600 and 800 is the same

But, Multi IQ in A & B are different. We are told there is different "weighting" which I think is a fancy name for processing, but only Minelab knows.

Don't expect any clear answers, as Minelab still haven't explained publicly how BBS works, which was developed in the late 80s! And why would they. Having a clear understanding of how it works isn't going to make us find more coins - but it will give the competitors a bit of a heads up.

I think Steve's blog really summed things up perfectly, as to the differences between the two models. In regards to Multi-IQ, if both units are set up the same in the same mode, with equivalent settings - there is no difference in raw grunt between them.

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

2 users like this post: rockdev, Ridge Runner

hAyyoUinAU
03 April 2018 06:09 pm

I would dare say the 800 has more processing power.

How that equates to real word translations only time will tell. And how it handles ground balancing processing in GOLD mode is also a bit of a mystery.
There is definitely some extra work going on there.

Why the 800 has higher increments in a couple settings than the 800 is also interesting. Software or hardware? I would once again say it comes down to maybe different processor units used.

This is pure speculation as I have had no confirmations other than the "hardware is different".

Regardless, they are both very capable units. thumbsup

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

FNQ
04 April 2018 01:56 pm

FNQ wrote:

Wasn't going crazy this morning (go figure??) but still wouldn't react to coin air tests. Checked the connection and tried it down the park, no joy.

Spoke with Minelab and at their request have posted the unit back to them. They are refunding my postage and are sending me a different unit. No issues there! Seems I'm the very first punter to have a drama like this.

Minelab Bendigo confirmed the unit I sent back is not picking up targets, with a suspected faulty coil. The replacement should be on the way today, arriving here about the 15th. Talk about snail mail!

Go-find-60
Equinox 800

3 users like this post: hAyyoUinAU, Trash, robmoto

hAyyoUinAU
05 April 2018 11:22 pm

I spent 2 hours today re-visiting a small park with the kids, and NOX. big_smile

The first 30min I spent looking for a decent target. I got impatient so I dug one of the many targets I was getting in the 17-19 range. Now these targets are iffy because they never sound right. Yes they were crisp, and loud, but with a bit of interrogation I could clearly see they were junk. And sure enough, bottle cap.
I had previously found a couple of coins at this park, relatively deep, good signals, in the high 20's. This park has been hit in the past, so I consider myself lucky that I was able to get anything good in the first place.

After digging out the bottle cap, I spent the next 30min gridding, to make sure I had covered every inch.
Now that was done, I decided to go back for some iffy targets and even some low numbers, in case it was some small jewellery and just to dig something. I was not confident. I spent the last hour filling my finds pouch with tabs and bottle caps, a brass rivet, and some canslaw.

I was left impressed however. Nearly everything I dug I had an idea of what it was going to be. My daughter was saying "How do you know dad?". lol
"Oh because the signal is jumpy, strong, but different at different angles, so its just a bit of aluminium can I think"
"This is a pull tab, because its choppy but strong, and ID is right"
"This is different, something small" (Brass rivet)

NOX was talking and I was listening.

The methods I used to interrogated targets put question marks on them. And that was enough to rule them out as junk.
Especially at 1 foot depth. Anything deeper is a gamble, and not for a hand shovel, but rest assured that up to a 1 foot, if there is a coin there, you will know.

My advice is to trust your machine. Listen to it. Look at the screen to get an idea of depth, ID consistency, use all metal mode and the strength of pin pointing to give you a lot of information as to what the target could be.
Dig occasional targets you have ruled out just to keep your mind at ease and your game sharp.
Also, walking around with all metal on will allow you to get a mental picture of what is underneath you and around your target. Its amazing to hear how much stuff the machine is discriminating out all the time, all those nails and iron, and screws, even some aluminium foil. Swing speed should be according to your recovery rate.

It all comes down to what targets you are really after and listening out for them. And knowing when its time to move on.

Happy NOXing!! thumbsup

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

7 users like this post: Northeast, Sovereignone, Trash, rockdev, FNQ, ktmman, AussieChris

Smoky bandit
06 April 2018 07:12 am

hAyyoUinAU wrote:

I spent 2 hours today re-visiting a small park with the kids, and NOX. big_smile

The first 30min I spent looking for a decent target. I got impatient so I dug one of the many targets I was getting in the 17-19 range. Now these targets are iffy because they never sound right. Yes they were crisp, and loud, but with a bit of interrogation I could clearly see they were junk. And sure enough, bottle cap.
I had previously found a couple of coins at this park, relatively deep, good signals, in the high 20's. This park has been hit in the past, so I consider myself lucky that I was able to get anything good in the first place.

After digging out the bottle cap, I spent the next 30min gridding, to make sure I had covered every inch.
Now that was done, I decided to go back for some iffy targets and even some low numbers, in case it was some small jewellery and just to dig something. I was not confident. I spent the last hour filling my finds pouch with tabs and bottle caps, a brass rivet, and some canslaw.

I was left impressed however. Nearly everything I dug I had an idea of what it was going to be. My daughter was saying "How do you know dad?". lol
"Oh because the signal is jumpy, strong, but different at different angles, so its just a bit of aluminium can I think"
"This is a pull tab, because its choppy but strong, and ID is right"
"This is different, something small" (Brass rivet)

NOX was talking and I was listening.

The methods I used to interrogated targets put question marks on them. And that was enough to rule them out as junk.
Especially at 1 foot depth. Anything deeper is a gamble, and not for a hand shovel, but rest assured that up to a 1 foot, if there is a coin there, you will know.

My advice is to trust your machine. Listen to it. Look at the screen to get an idea of depth, ID consistency, use all metal mode and the strength of pin pointing to give you a lot of information as to what the target could be.
Dig occasional targets you have ruled out just to keep your mind at ease and your game sharp.
Also, walking around with all metal on will allow you to get a mental picture of what is underneath you and around your target. Its amazing to hear how much stuff the machine is discriminating out all the time, all those nails and iron, and screws, even some aluminium foil. Swing speed should be according to your recovery rate.

It all comes down to what targets you are really after and listening out for them. And knowing when its time to move on.

Happy NOXing!! thumbsup

still waiting for the finds thumbsup tongue

No pain No gain..

hAyyoUinAU
06 April 2018 11:51 am

In a couple of weeks of the occasional trip to the park, I have found gold, a couple pre-decimals and some loose change.
I am not complaining. big_smile

My main aim was to get to know my machine so if I do go hunting somewhere I maximise my time.

I haven't even taken it on the beach yet...lol

This is really just to kill my gold bug, when I get a spare 30 min or couple hours.

Its GOLD SEASON soon, and I can only swing one machine.

Who knows, the Equinox might get some action if I find a trashy area.

Great machine, it is exactly what I wanted in a second machine. thumbsup

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

2 users like this post: Trash, rockdev

PeZ0
07 April 2018 10:09 am

Going on from my post in the other topic I thought i’d continue here.

Yesturday I had a great day out with Johny Nox:-)

My little flat spot (disappointment) in findings I knew was the users (Me) fault and not the machine.

I got too caught up in the bips & blips and maybe beginners luck at the start had me pulling coins out without too much pinpoint action. (That’s where I’ve gone wrong).

Yesturday I stopped, asked mate ‘what the f@!k am I doing wrong now’. He said pin point it better.

Ohhhhhhh I feel like an idiot. Within a minute I was back onto a Goldie and thought to myself ‘you lil bloody bewty’ Johnys Nox is back.

I followed the advise of the video tip on another forum where putting detector in AM mode over the target and pumping, along with pin pointing again. I have to say for any novice like myself THIS is the way to fast track your finds and eliminate digging as much trash.

I was only looking for Goldie’s, So I had everything but 19-23 discriminated, Sensitive anywhere from 10-14 in field mode 1. Nothing was more than 10cm deep.

So, It was a great day out , Johnys back smile

thumbsup

PeZ0

9 users like this post: Tiezto, Smoky bandit, Ship of fools, rockdev, Dron, Northeast, ktmman, crustydog, hAyyoUinAU

Sovereignone
08 April 2018 04:52 pm

1523166554_img_20180408_152943398_hdr.jpgtodays Equinox haul

13 users like this post: hAyyoUinAU, Mackka, Heatho, 7.62marksman, Rockhound, Sandta, Crow Pickens, ktmman, Flowerpot, Northeast, Danny13, Smoky bandit, Syndyne

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
10 April 2018 09:10 am

Did a bit of playing on a flaky 0.1g nugget on the Nox600. The best settings on it were Park 2, Multi and 2 tone. With sensitivity on 20 I could get it at about 3 inches. Flicked into 15 KHz and depth was about half.

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta & Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website

6 users like this post: ktmman, rockdev, Northeast, Danny13, Nuggetbuster, ProspectorPete

FNQ
12 April 2018 04:50 pm

1523511599_image_7722c9b.jpg

First haul after about 45 minutes at Yorkeys Knob Beach with a working Equinox. Really looking forward to learning more about using this machine and prospecting in general. Goes way deeper than the go-find and the pin point feature on it works really well. I'm impressed and feel like I've made a good buy. thumbsup

Go-find-60
Equinox 800

8 users like this post: RM Outback, Smoky bandit, Wally69, The Scrounger, Danny13, Spyhunter, roddosnow, ktmman

Smoky bandit
12 April 2018 05:12 pm

You have made an awesome buy mate..Great machine thumbsup If there's coins there it will find em thumbsup

No pain No gain..

Wally69
12 April 2018 05:23 pm

PhaseTech wrote:

Did a bit of playing on a flaky 0.1g nugget on the Nox600. The best settings on it were Park 2, Multi and 2 tone. With sensitivity on 20 I could get it at about 3 inches. Flicked into 15 KHz and depth was about half.

Impressive thumbsup

Smoky bandit
12 April 2018 05:38 pm

Wally69 wrote:
PhaseTech wrote:

Impressive thumbsup

That's awesome..Imagine what the 800 could do thumbsup

No pain No gain..

Prooz
12 April 2018 09:11 pm

G,day FNQ leave a bit for me at Yorkeys! I have the Nox. all charged up, but haven't turned it on yet. Looking forward to that.

Cheers

Minelab Explorer SE. Minelab GPZ 7000 Equinox 800

FNQ
12 April 2018 09:37 pm

Prooz wrote:

G,day FNQ leave a bit for me at Yorkeys! I have the Nox. all charged up, but haven't turned it on yet. Looking forward to that.

Cheers

Hey Prooz, I plan to clean out the entire Marlin Coast! What I really want to do is head out to Georgetown and look for some gold! I like your profile picture nugget.

Last edited by FNQ (12 April 2018 10:05 pm)

Go-find-60
Equinox 800

1 user likes this post: Spyhunter

Prooz
13 April 2018 07:15 pm

FNQ wrote:
Prooz wrote:

Cheers

Hey Prooz, I plan to clean out the entire Marlin Coast! What I really want to do is head out to Georgetown and look for some gold! I like your profile picture nugget.

I like to get out to Georgetown (Western Creek) but haven't been out since last October, but just had to come home early because of the heat. My profile picture nugget is from Western Creek, cleaned up 14.5 gram.

might see you about some time.

Cheers

Minelab Explorer SE. Minelab GPZ 7000 Equinox 800

1 user likes this post: hAyyoUinAU

Wally69
14 April 2018 12:59 pm

Bought these waterproof* wireless sport headphones the other day to go with the NoX to make my adventures semi-amphibious. After a few outings I am impressed with my pruchase.

To give them a review of their gold-pulling power; before they were unpacked, crossing the road with parcel in hand, a bit of pavement gold caught my eye.....got to love urban prospecting. yikes

1523671175_image.jpg

Last edited by Wally69 (14 April 2018 01:00 pm)

7 users like this post: Mackka, Heatho, Rockhound, ktmman, hAyyoUinAU, FNQ, dirtdiggin

Mackka
14 April 2018 01:23 pm

Nice find Wally.
Mackka

dirtdiggin
16 April 2018 08:29 am

Wally69 wrote:

Bought these waterproof* wireless sport headphones the other day to go with the NoX to make my adventures semi-amphibious. After a few outings I am impressed with my pruchase.

To give them a review of their gold-pulling power; before they were unpacked, crossing the road with parcel in hand, a bit of pavement gold caught my eye.....got to love urban prospecting. yikes

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … _image.jpg

Hi Wally

There a good choice mate I’ve got the same one’s! fantastic battery life.
The only thing I find is though is they can hurt a bit after awhile until your ears get use to them but that may depend the actual shape of the persons ears.

hAyyoUinAU
19 July 2018 12:36 pm

It is sooooo small. LOVE IT!!!!

Let's see how it performs in the goldfields. big_smile

1531964188_20180719_111354.jpg

GPZ 7000 + Equinox 800

7 users like this post: AussieChris, 7.62marksman, Trash, The Scrounger, rockdev, Ridge Runner, mxt sniper

HoudiniHarry
19 July 2018 12:38 pm

That is a nice coil. Let us know how it performs.

Cheers

Having a great time searching for gold....
GPX4500, Equinox 800 and SDC2300

1 user likes this post: hAyyoUinAU

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site