CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the beach this morning and to my absolute disgust the CTX switched straight off again..... :mad: I've never had it switch straight off before, hope my battery isn't totally dead, I only bought it a year ago to replace the last one that died, will chuck a tantrum if it is dead. :D Well maybe not a tantrum but.... won't be happy.

So I went home to put it on charge and thought I'd go cash in my coins. Not a bad cash in but not the best either, wish I could stop digging 10 and 20 cent coins but will be missing gold if I do that.

1521419164_img_20180319_112051.jpg

Geez mate, really hope you can break the florrie drought, theres gotta be one somewhere with your name on it.

So keen to get my Nox now and go over my silver spots and see what the CTX missed, not much I reckon, but I bet there are some.

I've got some very trashy sites here where I'm sure it will pay, the poor CTX on these sites gets a bit confused. :)

Thought I'd better get the CTX out for a beach detect this morning, hit North Steyne at Manly for a couple of hours, that 17" coil is like swinging a besser block..... The Nox is just sooo light in comparison. Anyway after the shock from the weight I settled in and covered way more ground than would be possible with the Nox.

Coins are from the last Nox hunt as well as this CTX one, most coins were from this morning though. I specced the chain sitting on top of the sand, it's a junker and was discrimed out by the CTX, the tiny ring is sterling and the CTX pinged it at quite a respectable depth.

1524457760_img_20180423_132611.jpg

1524457760_img_20180423_141657.jpg

Shoulder is pretty good, really wish the CTX didn't weigh so much, anyway will still keep using it on the beaches. Really thought the chain was a good one at first but definitely isn't, the Nox picks it up from about 20cm away but it's a -5 signal, way down in the ferrous range.

Yeah, gotta watch for that pain.... we don't wanna see a sports injury with associated loss of income hey ! 8)
imagine the loss :eek: :eek: :eek:
:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
:rainbow: :rainbow: O:) :rainbow: :rainbow:
:rainbow: O:) O:) O:) :rainbow:
:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Heatho said:
Yeah exactly mate, but to be honest I feel like I've been slacking with the Nox, the CTX gives me a good workout and helps keep me fitter, gotta use it more. :)
Yeah I'm hearing ya, the fitness level for me goes down too with my lack of hunting... andwhen I do hunt, for me the Ace seems to get heavier as I age lol... (like me) :lol:

silver said:
Heatho said:
Yeah exactly mate, but to be honest I feel like I've been slacking with the Nox, the CTX gives me a good workout and helps keep me fitter, gotta use it more. :)
Yeah I'm hearing ya, the fitness level for me goes down too with my lack of hunting... andwhen I do hunt, for me the Ace seems to get heavier as I age lol... (like me) :lol:

Nothing seems to get lighter as we age lol..... That's why I try to hunt several days a week, it does give me a bit of exercise trudging around the beaches.

1968falconxt said:
Back on the CTX? That's a nice haul...

Thanks mate, yeah I love the CTX. I've pretty much got the Nox sussed out and don't want the CTX getting too dusty.

Just need Minelab to combine both of them now. :)

Latest posts