⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1516087289_2018-01-16_18.01.11.jpg

So today i broke my PB :D 22.8g

Samrota a 1g piece like yours is a rare find these days and well sought after! I've spent almost 2 months trying to get back over the gram mark. Everything has been sub gram.
Im in a new area and its pretty promising so far!
30mins detecting then 5 hrs lost in the scrub :8
My gps fell off my belt as i walked out there! Found the spot i wanted to check out and 30mins later BAM!
Big inverted signal down very deep....
1.2hrs to recover the nugget from around 700mm into hard pack on bedrock (REALLY HARD!)

When i had it in my hand i nearly went into cardiac arrest lol.
I then went to get a drink of water only to realise i had left my water in my car....
Thats when i realised my gps had decided to jump off my belt and quit its one and only job....
So 4 hrs later after walking back and forth trying to find my car i didnt find my car or my gps.
By that stage I'd been in 33degree heat since 9am and it was now 2pm....
I heard a noise, turned around and the forestry boys in there land cruiser pulled up behind me.
They saved my f!@$#g backside! Drove me back to my car (they saw my car at around 10am and started looking, they said they thought i may have been lost or injured so they searched for me).

HUUUUUGE shout out to the Forestry department as if you fellas didnt find me i dont think i would have found my car quick enough to beat nasty old dehydration!
Silly mistake forgetting my water!
Never ever going down that path again.

Cheers
YF

Bjay said:
Got my little fellas in just in time yellow fever. :D bloody rapt for ya mate.
Ps
You need a bigger coin.
Thanks mate!
Im stoked, i really am. Yeah the coin failed a bit lol

YellowFever said:
Samrota a 1g piece like yours is a rare find these days and well sought after! I've spent almost 2 months trying to get back over the gram mark. Everything has been sub gram.
Im in a new area and its pretty promising so far!
30mins detecting then 5 hrs lost in the scrub :8
My gps fell off my belt as i walked out there! Found the spot i wanted to check out and 30mins later BAM!
Big inverted signal down very deep....
1.2hrs to recover the nugget from around 700mm into hard pack on bedrock (REALLY HARD!)

When i had it in my hand i nearly went into cardiac arrest lol.
I then went to get a drink of water only to realise i had left my water in my car....
Thats when i realised my gps had decided to jump off my belt and quit its one and only job....
So 4 hrs later after walking back and forth trying to find my car i didnt find my car or my gps.
By that stage I'd been in 33degree heat digging since 9am and it was now 2pm....
I heard a noise, turned around and forestry boys in there land cruiser pulled up behind me.
They saved my f!@$#g backside! Drove me back to my car (they saw my car at around 10am and started looking, they said they thought i may have been lost or injured so they searched for me).

HUUUUUGE shout out to the Forestry department as if you fellas didnt find me i dont think i would have found my car quick enough to beat nasty old dehydration!
Silly mistake forgetting my water!
Never ever going down that path again.

Cheers
YF

Lucky, very lucky. Glad your ok.

Had been out detecting a very hard hit area for 6hrs before finding the 1 grammer then a few minutes later the smaller one.

Happy to find any SA gold

RM Outback said:
dam it said:
:D Nice :D
Dude the Iron Stone speccy :Y: it looks Great .

dam it I reckon you like the 10piece as just as much :lol:.

Great effort Bjay and Mrs Bjay :Y: was great catching Bjay up even though brief.
Have to catch up again out the bush one day soon for a camp out and a few quiet ones

Latest posts