CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I miss the bugga too ,.... large as life with great big plans n all cut short too quick for im. 8.(
The last CRIKEY was an ill fated one for the bloke that's for sure ! :eek:

Nice run on the goldies Heatho. It's going to be a hot summer going by recent weather, should prove to be a bonanza for you guys over East. ;)

Heatho said:
Hit Shelly Beach at Manly this morning and gridded the whole beach over 2 hours before it got too packed, got $72.20 and a small sterling silver manta ray pendant. I usually hit this spot every 3 months or so, it seems to have replenished quite nicely, it's a pretty popular beach for detectorists, glad I got back there before anyone else did. :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1512953203_20171211_113131.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1512953204_20171211_113139.jpg

I cannot believe! How much coins you have found! Rapid detectorist! :eek:

$72 in coins, that's got to put a smile on ya face.
And in only 2 hours, hope you rewarded yourself with a cold one at the pub on the way home after that effort. :cool: :Y:

Todays effort at a place called Chinamans beach over near Mosman in Sydney, was hoping for some chunky gold but best I could do was silver, 1 silver ring, 2 x junkers, a bronze medal and about 23 bucks in change, oh and a thrippy.

1513134981_20171213_124643.jpg

1513134981_20171213_124647.jpg

1513134982_20171213_124653.jpg

1513134982_20171213_124704.jpg

no way hahahahahahahahaha, mate me and my dad went for a swime there after work today the ladies where on fire today dont know how you managed to even find something. well done mate a great beach looks like i was right it is a good beach to detected. pretty hard beach to find but good effort.

OLDSOULDIGGING777 said:
no way hahahahahahahahaha, mate me and my dad went for a swime there after work today the ladies where on fire today dont know how you managed to even find something. well done mate a great beach looks like i was right it is a good beach to detected. pretty hard beach to find but good effort.

Cheers mate, um yeah there were a few nice looking ladies about. Always are there. ;)

Cheers fellas.

Very tough conditions there Ktmman. :D

Those tokens give a great signal hey Art, just like a chunky silver ring, I thought I was onto one and then the token popped out.

Thanks Kev, hopefully the new spot gives you a nice haul of gold and silver treasure.

Heatho said:
Cheers fellas.

Very tough conditions there Ktmman. :D

Those tokens give a great signal hey Art, just like a chunky silver ring, I thought I was onto one and then the token popped out.

Thanks Kev, hopefully the new spot gives you a nice haul of gold and silver treasure.

You're not wrong mate, nice crisp loud signals.. :) :Y:

Can be a real lottery detecting beaches sometimes, i reckon if there was gold there you would have sniffed it out Heatho, nice work. :Y:

Goldpick said:
Can be a real lottery detecting beaches sometimes, i reckon if there was gold there you would have sniffed it out Heatho, nice work. :Y:

For sure mate, if there was gold it would have been found. :D I gridded the beach quite carefully though was moving pretty quick to get it done as it was quite a warm day. Most of the harbour beaches are small compared to the likes of Manly so you can actually do all of them in one session with the 17 inch coil, it really carves up a lot of ground very quickly.

Yeah I agree about the beach lottery, some pay very well and then others are barren of any treasure. All are worth investigating though. :Y:

Hit another harbour beach today for two hours and got about $55 and a chunky sterling ring which was almost the last target. Parking was $5 an hour so I made about $45 profit. I reckon the parking cost would put most detectorists off. Anyway only did a fraction of the beach and will be heading back for another go soon.

1513297612_20171215_110552.jpg

1513297613_20171215_110648.jpg

Heatho said:
Hit another harbour beach today for two hours and got about $55 and a chunky sterling ring which was almost the last target. Parking was $5 an hour so I made about $45 profit. I reckon the parking cost would put most detectorists off. Anyway only did a fraction of the beach and will be heading back for another go soon.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1513297612_20171215_110552.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1513297613_20171215_110648.jpg

Nice one mate that Ring is a real CHUNKER!!! CLUNKER!!! I go to paid parking spots all the time because as you say it puts detectorists off. :) :Y:

Latest posts