Out 'n' About With The CTX3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back to the river this morning
1511054792_img_8308.jpg

Nice ring Sandta, rivers are often neglected hunting locations, especially near boat ramps and swimming holes. I did pretty good in the past around some rowing clubs, plenty of silver rings. ;)

Danny13 said:
Just catching up on your thread Sandta. Nice River ring . Tough environment to detect in .

Cheers mate,
I think that ring find was absolutely just beginers luck ;)
'Tough environment' is a total understatement :rolleyes:
Just jumping into any old river would be absurd , thats for sure !
The spots ive targeted have been from some pretty heavy research
But identifying strong potential is probably the easier part , but only a fraction of the puzzle
Ive seen first hand the power of floods . The extreme changes to the river is almost unbelievable
I have no idea how many of these events have affected these locations , but can be sure 'heaps' would be just a start :lol:
If you put a couple of items ( coins , rings etc) in a bucket of gravel , tap the sides of the bucket , add a bit of water , give it a stir..... those items sink to the bottom
now think of a river ... your walking on rocks the size of your fist and bigger. Much bigger!
The items fall between the gaps , that could be a good thing and hold the items but also instantly make those things at least 3" further away from the coil ,then the gravel below. Not to mention your in waist deep water
If thats not bad enough , in many spots there are weeds growing :rolleyes:
Swinging in 6" long grass (on land) is a nightmare ... some of these weed beds are 4' long 8.(
Many areas (at the moment) are coverd in silt. So maybe after a flood event would be the better time to hunt here.
Its all a bit daunting at the moment , lots of learning still to do

My first park hunt in a long time .
Still way too hot to get serious and the ground is so hard to dig :N:
I just had to scratch the itch though so a couple of hours at first light this morning
1519519204_img_8380.jpg

The shilling is '58 . The other side is just dirty ... not scratched ... i promise ;)
1519519253_img_8381.jpg

The ring was a pleasant surprise ... and its gold too :D
1519519406_img_8382.jpg

The monogram is a bit hard to distinguish probably R.Mc ?
But clearly 9ct
1519519558_img_8385.jpg

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle :eek:
Problem solved :D
RMcD
RonaldMcDonald
gold n silver brother.... can't go wrong ! :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Latest posts