Minelab Treasure Tracking - Mobile Application

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wooster put me onto an application for Android (and possibly iPhone) that I thought I'd share with you guys.

Its called Minelab Treasure Tracking and can be downloaded for free from the Google store. It allows you to log GPS coordinates, personal notes and pictures of your discoveries, I'm yet to test it out but the interface looks to be user friendly and quite useful.

I checked on Itunes and it is there for Iphone too.

On my phone now and will look through it soon.

1 thing I have noticed, once you enter the model of detector you have it downloads the manual and keeps it on your phone. Handy feature if you've just upgraded/bought your detector or even honing your skills after a while. Make sure your glasses are good though, tiny screen.

Map doesn't seem to locate where you are, might be a setting to change for that, I'll update if it does.

I loaded this onto my iPhone. Looks pretty cool. Once you have added a find (including photo and description) you can:

1. Click on a little compass icon that will navigate you to the GPS coordinates where you logged it - gives distance and direction
2. Click on a pin that will open the location in your maps app (Mine opens in Apple maps)
3. Email your find as a pdf which includes the date/time of the find, the photo you took and the GPS coordinates

It also has a couple of icons for the eTrac which are for the different modes and patterns.

Just one annoying thing - I constantly get a little "free Minelab gift" icon showing up. If you click on it it prompts for your first and last name, then sends a email to Minelab in Ireland. I'll let you know when I get my free gift :D Maybe a 5000??????

John

Just been web surfing and came across a site that was talking about a Minelab app called Minelab treasure tracking app. You can enter pics of your finds it's like a digital tracking diary that maps your detecting spots with gps like fishermen do, it's free on playstore. Has a list of Minelab detectors on it that you can put in it and it will give you your owners manual...but unfortunately for us SDC owners that model isn't listed most of the others Minlab detectors are though.

It sounds like a good app for personal use to keep track of you finds and area covered BUT if you upload the GPS co ords of your find to the app Does it then report them back to a third party?
I would hate to find virgin ground one day, upload a picture of the first nugget to the app only to find the next day the area full of detectorists

Hi all
Saw a few apps on minelab site.
Some seem machine specific but one the treasure tracker looks like it can be used on anything.
Is it any good? Is it worth 6 clams?
I tryed to find a vid on YouTube but only came up with an older free version.
Does anyone use this app or similar? Are they of any use for future trips to a fruitful spot?
Thanks in advance
Cheers cam

Yep that's the one
Is it worth getting?
It could be handy if you could plot your finds I guess
And see if there is any patterns and also be good to put notes in it like what metal and different numbers come up for future reference?
I guess 6 bucks isn't much I may as well get it
Unless there's a better one out there ?
Wouldn't be the first time I've wasted money on an app lol

Ahhh ok
Might hang off and do some research into what is at around.
I thought about having a small notepad to keep in my pack to write down my finds and what numbers come up in the scale to help later down the track.
At there my other apps worth looking into?
Cheers cam

Cameronpatrol said:
Ahhh ok
Might hang off and do some research into what is at around.
I thought about having a small notepad to keep in my pack to write down my finds and what numbers come up in the scale to help later down the track.
At there my other apps worth looking into?
Cheers cam

I use the notepad myself with a GPS, I record weight, depth, settings coil etc even though I have the GPZ which records this information through the gps. I don't use apps as I dont carry my phone with me while I am detecting.

Latest posts