You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

ken2m
23 July 2017 12:35 am

Diagnosed with tennis elbow 10 years ago. First of a possible 3 injections guided by my pain response. No problem from next day onwards. Just lucky I guess. Ken.

No problems like madtuna's dog though. Well at least no more than usual.. yikes

1 user likes this post: cashgoldsilver

iamagoldenoldie2
23 July 2017 01:15 am

I had 2 injections for my worn out hip, no effect whatsoever , waste of time and money, first find the root cause of the pain, mine was bone on bone so I had a hip replacement , and now i have more mobility in that hip than my natural hip which just gave up the ghost 6 weeks ago I will try the krill oil before I go see about hip 2 there are limitations on what one can do with artificial joints don't jump don't cross legs but its not bone on bone grinding so theres no pain

GypsyGoldAu
23 July 2017 11:42 am

Chiron52 wrote:

*Note: I just found some old krill oil tabs in the back of the cupboard and will give 'em a shot tomorrow.

If too 'old', they may not have the efficacy required for you to feel the difference.

For 2x mnths @ $30 i'd just buy some new supplements.....ymmv.

GGA Mobile Electroplating (Mil. Std_865d Certified) Industrial & Decorative.
glasses http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/gy … aryborough

cashgoldsilver
23 July 2017 12:29 pm

Bone on bone cry

I don't know how good it would be but worth a try maybe giving some relief party

But saying that - it must be fresh - and in date certainly thumbsup

I wish you well smile

Last edited by cashgoldsilver (23 July 2017 12:30 pm)

Teknetics Delta 4000 - 5" Nel DD Coil - 8" Teknetics Concentric Coil - Garrett A.T. Pro Pinpointer - Oldest Coin 1881 British Shilling - C-ash is King - G-old is Insurance - S-ilver is Speculation.

Old Fred
23 July 2017 01:08 pm

Had one years ago and it helped for 3 weeks . Now take fish oil ( 5 a day ) and that helps heaps but takes a few weeks to work . Seems different cures for different people

Chiron52
23 July 2017 05:25 pm

Hang on I'll have a look at the bottle ...................... Nope mine are Natures Way ................... oh bugger, they expired in November 2016. (does this mean all the little krills are dead now?)
Also, I wonder if "krill pills" would make good berley for next time I go fishing?

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off.

cashgoldsilver
23 July 2017 06:05 pm

Chiron52 wrote:

Hang on I'll have a look at the bottle ...................... Nope mine are Natures Way ................... oh bugger, they expired in November 2016. (does this mean all the little krills are dead now?)
Also, I wonder if "krill pills" would make good berley for next time I go fishing?

I think Chemist Warehouse for a 60 pill bottle for under $30.00 = 2 months supplies.

Don't Forget - see your health care professional first thumbsup

Teknetics Delta 4000 - 5" Nel DD Coil - 8" Teknetics Concentric Coil - Garrett A.T. Pro Pinpointer - Oldest Coin 1881 British Shilling - C-ash is King - G-old is Insurance - S-ilver is Speculation.

iamagoldenoldie2
23 July 2017 06:37 pm

chemist warehouse $29.99 Deep sea wild krill oil, one a day , I shall see if there is an improvement and post my thoughts

SneakyCuttlefish
24 July 2017 08:00 am

Had one into my heel. Worst needle I have ever experienced. They guide the needle in using an ultra-sound. Apparently if they miss the target and inject into the Achilles tendon, the tendon can snap anytime for no reason. I'll take a kick in the nuts over that again any day.

2 users like this post: cashgoldsilver, Swinging & digging

Leafs
24 July 2017 05:26 pm

I had a cortisone shot 20 yrs ago for my elbow and haven't had a problem since. Also I have had cortisone in my shoulder about 15 yrs ago and it was good for about 10 yrs. I go to a Bowen Therapist for my shoulder and back and one treatment usually lasts 3 or 4 mths, the Bowen may be worth trying before you think about surgery or shots

Vombat
24 July 2017 09:40 pm

Was told by a quack 30 years ago that if I kept running the aggravated wear on the big toe ball joint would necessitate regular cortisone injections. I stopped running and now the ache is less frequent than back then. (I heard that foot injections are very painful!) yikes

But I did get cortisone injections for a case of alopecia (inexplicable hair loss) on the back of my head. The dermatologist injected the scalp dozens of times in each of two treatments. Like being stung by a swarm of wasps. mad Unfortunately it made no difference except to lighten my wallet.

A hairdresser suggested I just get my hair cut short at the back and get more exposure to sunlight. It worked and it grew back almost as good as new/old. cool

Detectors Used: Some antediluvian VLF model bought from Noah back in 1979; Minelab SD 2100; Minelab SD 2200v2; Garrett Pro-Pointer; Gold Rat 8" Sluice; MineLab Pro-Gold Panning Kit; Turbopan; Hope to acquire GPX 4500 in near future.

2 users like this post: cashgoldsilver, LoneWolf

Hotrob
27 July 2017 10:48 am

Hi Cashgoldsilver....(CGS for short smile )

I'm glad you took my advise & even gladder they have helped you too. thumbsup
As I said I'll never go off them now.

Rob.

Old AmerIndian saying...... White man walk a lot but see a little.......red man walk a little but see a lot.

Gordie Glacken
29 July 2017 12:57 am

I have had Cortisone injections in my right shoulder (dominant arm) about 3 times in the last few years. It usually takes about a week to kick in but, it does work. After I purchased a new metal detector in October 2016 I started to get serious about searching for gold. Once I located my first nuggets, I found that my right shoulder was starting to get very sore from the constant sweeping of the detector. Paid a visit to my Doctor who prescribed a Cortisone injection with Ultrasound. Since having the injection I have been detecting virtually every day since and, I haven't had any pain since.
For anyone experiencing pain in either shoulder, I fully recommend that you see your Doctor to arrange for a Cortisone injection using Ultrasound.

2 users like this post: 7.62marksman, cashgoldsilver

Chiron52
12 August 2017 10:14 pm

cashgoldsilver wrote:
Chiron52 wrote:

Diagnosed with tennis elbow and had the injection 2 weeks ago.
Bloody useless, it did nothing.
*Note: I just found some old krill oil tabs in the back of the cupboard and will give 'em a shot tomorrow.

Just a quick note -

Hotrob told me (4 posts above) that his wife swapped out the Swisse for another cheaper brand trying to save some $$$ which failed - so he went back to Swisse being as happy as Larry again before she did the old switcharoo.

His testimony not mine smile

I hope it works for you,does for me party

Look forward to your report smile

Took the expired "krill pills" for about a week but had to stop as I kept throwing up within a few hours of taking them.
I guess the little krills had been dead too long. smile

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off.

MikeB05
13 August 2017 09:53 am

I have a heel spur on my left foot. Really painful and not helping when I was walking around Durikai (Qld) detecting. I put up with the pain till I got my Doctor to issue me some anti-inflammatory tablets. They helped for a day so he doubled the dose. Didnt really help so a now have a box of unused tabs.

In the end I got a cortisone injection (ultrasound guided) into my heal and bingo...pain gone now for three months. I get some discomfort if I walk around in shoes that don't give adequate support...but all in all the cortisone injection helped me greatly.

My brother has the same problem in both feet and his doctor told he they can only give you up to 2 injections in any 12 month period...not sure why/

MikeB05
Most of the gold I have found so far, comes from learning from others

Cando
13 August 2017 10:31 am

I've been diagnosed with rotator cuff syndrome in the right shoulder is very painful at times and have only just started taking painkillers. I have been in two minds about the injection.. this has been a very interesting read.. thank you for sharing

Thanks
Noel

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site