Setting up the garage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We (my wife) designed our home on an 18 x 36m block to allow 4 metres to one side to accommodate our caravan - she didn't do a bad job as she managed to include a purpose built 3m x 1.5m faceting room for me in the garage. Set up with 2 Ikea draw sets and a second hand bench top cut to size, a couple of shelves and good to go
1499231191_workshop.jpg

That's a really neat Faceting Room there Moth. Lots of Natural Light. :Y: .. You are Very Lucky to have a Very Considerate Wife there, who has taken 'Your Needs' into Consideration.. O:) .
What 'Brand' of Machine do you have there ? Haven't seen that one before... Not that I have seen Many, but Curious that's all... :)

LW...

Yes a very nice setup Moth, nice and bright.
That's something else i lack in my garage, natural light and heating. I have been cutting till the wee hours of the morning lately and geez it gets cold in there.

Its a Halls 2000 - the area is at the back of our attached garage so isn't included in the house heating/cooling - I have a small fan and evaporative cooler and the usual small electric heater. Unfortunately I have to walk to the other side of the garage to the beer fridge - have room under the bench for a bar fridge but I need the exercise

Shivan

Love the Cyclops design - looks very well done - can you tell me where you got it?

Thanks Shivan

Appreciate the link. On the road at the moment and won't be back to my machine until September but that link will be included in my favourites

shivan said:

That's a fantastic site!

I've cut five designs from the first author on the page (Voltolini) - Bumblebee, Tribal, Nymphea and Lucciola. All of them worked great! Only one I didn't really be get to work well was Squartugese 2. Might have worked better with a larger stone but on a small stone the multitude of small facets at angles really close together causes more of a glow than brilliance.

Latest posts