You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Colsar
10 June 2017 03:54 pm

Hi All,

Having just purchased a SDC2300 ( as a newbie ), and keen as to get out there, i visited the local beach this morning after conning my partner and daughter to tag along.

All set up and ready to go, i was detecting and and creating small sand piles for them to put through a sieve, although they had scoops, they were so keen to get there hands dirty ( me too ! ) sand was flying everywhere.

After about 30 minutes, another scoop full of sand landed in the sieve, and after a few shakes, the remnants of a SYRINGE presented itself.

And right there and then was it pointed out to me as we all realized just how careful you need to be.

As a newbie and all excited, i pass on this experience ( first of many i am sure ) in the hope others are aware.

Safe detecting to all.

4 users like this post: davent, Heatho, GypsyGoldAu, kurra

B5MECH
10 June 2017 04:05 pm

mad That's why I wouldn't use a PI detector on the dry beach mad
Did you report it to the Clubys? yikes

A Crystal Ball....a Magic Wand....a Weegie Board....two Dowsing Rods
..............................And lots of Bee's.................................

7.62marksman
10 June 2017 06:49 pm

Not good at all mate thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, XTerra 705, M/Lab 16000, Goldseeker 3D 12000, Bounty Hunter "Rustler", Blood Sweat and Tears,
Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux called Turtle and a NAPFA member

Heatho
10 June 2017 07:33 pm

I've removed a few over the past couple of years too. mad

Minelab GPX 5000, SDC2300, CTX3030, Pro-Find-25, patience, lot's of patience.

cashgoldsilver
10 June 2017 09:04 pm

I'm no scientist but I wouldn't think any virus lives outside of the body (or the lab) for very long being exposed to the air,the sun and night time temperatures.

But saying that I don't want to be stuck with one,and if your child did = mad

Garrett SeaHunter Mk 2 - 8" Mono Coil - 14" Elliptical Mono Coil - Teknetics Delta 4000 - 5" Nel DD Coil - 8" Teknetics Concentric Coil - Garrett A.T. Pro Pinpointer - Oldest Coin 1881 British Shilling - C-ash is King - G-old is Insurance - S-ilver is Speculation.

Heatho
10 June 2017 09:45 pm

cashgoldsilver wrote:

I'm no scientist but I wouldn't think any virus lives outside of the body (or the lab) for very long being exposed to the air,the sun and night time temperatures.

But saying that I don't want to be stuck with one,and if your child did = mad

Do a search for this, "hepatitis c survival time outside body" and you'll find that your assuptions are incorrect. It's not just HIV you need to worry about.... roll

Minelab GPX 5000, SDC2300, CTX3030, Pro-Find-25, patience, lot's of patience.

1 user likes this post: 7.62marksman

silver
10 June 2017 09:52 pm

Yeah, dont walk up town barefoot with any cuts under your foot, something like 8 day survival for hep C if someone with it had a gob onto the ground ,... and don't even get me started on aids and mosquitoes, that sheath slides right back over the proboscis sealing the virus off from the air ,... anyway, enough of that hey ! yikes wink
nuff said neutral

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

1 user likes this post: 7.62marksman

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site