GPZ 7000 New Revision?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
wanted to ask if anyone knows or rumors if in the near future Mindlab is going to be coming up a new and improved GPZ 7000?
As of now I think I will be buying the GPX 5000 with evolution and elite coils unless Mindlab is going to upgrade the GPZ 7000.
Mindlab will never put that information out until it's ready for sale. I thought I would just ask anyway, and if any one has comments or advice about the GPZ 7000 vs Gpx 5000?
Thanks.

I know it sounds like a strange question but the z is a lot of cash, hate to buy one if there was a new version around the corner. I live in the US so I thought Australian prospectors might know. I like to live in the realm of possibility

O:)

Goldhunts, apparently when the GPZ came out Minelab said that they were going to stick with this platform for the next 10 years.
Now whether that means the same version with upgrades via the updatable software or if it means the same type of technology/look of the machine with new versions like the GPX series - 4000, 4500, 5000, etc.

My hope is the first option as spending 10k every time a new version comes out is prohibitive for me and most others.
The fact that the software can be updated just like an iPhone is one of the major reasons that I bought the Z over a GPX.

There was some suggestion that a new software upgrade is just around the corner with some very handy improvements but nothing specific has been released by Minelab.

Thank you for that information, it is what I was looking for. :Y:
So your saying that if someone buys a new Z today that possibly any upgrades could be as simple as uninstalling then installing programs on the same detector?
I know recently Mindlab also came out with the new GPZ19 large DD coil, so it would seem possible they are planning other updates.

If it's anything like Minelab's also software upgradeable CTX 3030, which has had I think one upgrade since its introduction about five years ago, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. :rolleyes:

1492381824_ctx_upgrades.jpg

I wanted to know the exact same question as didn't want to upgrade to a 7000 only to have a new one released a few months later. I ran into the managing director of Minelab recently and he told me nothing planned for at least a couple of years (except software upgrade) Too busy working on other things apparently....coin/relic machine possibly???

Hi guys
I was told there was a new software update due for gpz7000 ,a couple of months ago, but i havnt seen it yet .

I dont think the gpz is as good as the $9600 price tag would suggest . to get them to really look deep you have to turn off the difficult grd to normal ground , and as soon as you do that you are digging hot ground , it would be nice to find a spot in between normal and difficult ,
I am sure they could make it a lot better with just software .

the other thing is they are now using connectors that only they have makes it hard to do any of your own little mods or upgrades , having said that they do work and can find some quite small targets deep , yet to find any deep gold of size but i live in hope , but have found 303 slug at about 8 inches so i guess i have a chance at some gold .

Ronk, i think you need to put it into perspective.

The zed in in difficult ground (with a 14" coil), will punch deeper than a 4500 in enhance.(with a 15" NF evo)
I know this, because i use a 4500 and my 2 , sometimes 3 detecting mates, all use zeds.
So all things being equal, the zed will give you the advantage.
on one trip, 2 zeds scored 47 grams of gold, and 22 grams of gold, the 4500 scored.....1.3 grams of gold.

I have no problems with the price tag and recovered that in under 2 weeks. As for moding and upgrades, ML can do my upgrades and what's there to mod and mod into what?

Ronk said:
Hi guys
I was told there was a new software update due for gpz7000 ,a couple of months ago, but i havnt seen it yet .

I dont think the gpz is as good as the $9600 price tag would suggest . to get them to really look deep you have to turn off the difficult grd to normal ground , and as soon as you do that you are digging hot ground , it would be nice to find a spot in between normal and difficult ,
I am sure they could make it a lot better with just software .

the other thing is they are now using connectors that only they have makes it hard to do any of your own little mods or upgrades , having said that they do work and can find some quite small targets deep , yet to find any deep gold of size but i live in hope , but have found 303 slug at about 8 inches so i guess i have a chance at some gold .

Not sure what connections you are talking about. Only the coil connector (and there is nothing to mod there) and the headphone socket which is a standard 6.35mm socket. Can easily add a booster or external speakers if you wish.

As for finding deeper gold - will definitely find it in difficult. There are numerous combinations of settings to work deep hot ground. I have found small and larger nuggets in over 12" in hot ground.

Latest posts