QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a small test target last trip, a point one gram speck.
When the bias was set on or close to the null, or neutral position, gain and mode made a difference in air test results. Picked it up in every mode, but mode 1 was pretty good on the commander, and gain on 3 got good results.

What_Trigger said:
Just curious Dave, the bias on this machine in a nut shell is that similar to the pulse delay on eg the whites TDI's? As watching another QED video lower this number makes the machine more responsive to smaller stuff.

Getting curious about this machine as Im looking to purchase my first PI as i'd like a new unit and this fits in the bill for price as does the TDI SL, albeith the SL will need another coil
The modes are the most similar to the pulse delay of the TDI i.e. the TDI has adjustable pulse delay from 10us to 20us. I was told the modes on the QED start at 8us & go up about 0.4us each mode increment? Don't know if these are the correct starting us & increments as haven't seen anything official on the values. Lower modes would be better for small coils/small gold.
From what I can work out the bias is most similar to the Conductivity Switch on the TDI, but does work differently, & depending on setting will make either smaller (lower) or larger (higher) target signals stand out. It also provides a threshold control in conjunction with volume.

Dave we will have to meet up somewere and do a test with my tdi.been looking at the QED as well.

Mate came over today. Cut a long story short, one of his nuggets , a small one ended up in my backyard lawn. Tried to find it with a pin pointer, no joy, so tried the QED. Picked it up first swing, didn't even change the settings from my last outing.
So what you say?
In my backyard in suburban Darwin. Flouro light on, pool pumps going, cars,power lines etc, detector remained quiet, and worked no worries, pretty impressed really.
Did a video later, recreated, minus the nugget, but same spot. God I need to get out! Lol!
Will post video shortly.

Finally, the fires have started, and the ground is clear enough in some places to swing a detector.
Going to go for a swing on Wednesday/Thursday and hopefully do some better comparison depth tests as well as look for some colour.

Yeah Dave you could say there is a bit of grass around :rolleyes: You can just make out the track in front of the quad
1495924675_detecting_grass.jpg

Did 40km through that stuff the other day, 1st gear in my hilux.
bottomed out a few times, couldnt see whats under the grass. Before I hit the HWY home, brushed the grass seed out of my radiator......great hand fulls of the stuff, didnt have any shade cloth.
makes for a tough day eh!
Where are you Bogger? NT , FNQ, or WA?

Dave that was FNQ and yep same problem .................... was standing on the pegs in low ratio trying to pick out the rocks, ant mounds and logs before they ground one to a halt. Not to mention the 6 ft wash out I nearly went into ................... certainly sucked up the hours to get anywhere as the going is so slow.
Actually the day before was doing some mustering on a bike and turned smack into a white ant mound ..................... it won the battle :eek: The boys reckoned it looked pretty spectacular the way I and the bike parted ways :8

It's thick and damn long
1495934248_grass_and_more_grass.jpg

Rockhunter62 said:
Hey Bogger,

I think the grass might be a bit much for your rake. ]:D ]:D

Cheers

Doug
Doug you a 100% correct but you couldn't see in those pics that I had back up :Y: ;) :D

1495954896_quad_rake.jpg

I think it's only going to get thicker as they had 200 mm of rain three days after I left last week up Savannah Way (No pun intended) People that have lived there their whole lives witnessed rivers top banks that they had never seen before in their lifetime. The cattle are certainly looking good but :Y: Dave did they get that drenching as far up as you ? Heading South towards dog fence country this week so will probably be the opposite and in a way hope so as 200mm down there would see one on an extended stay or in fact not getting there :rolleyes:

All but got myself convinced to buy the QED, over the TDI-SL.. currently could go either way...

Thanks again Davent for sharing your thoughts/experience with the QED.

Elijah said:
All but got myself convinced to buy the QED, over the TDI-SL.. currently could go either way...

Dean at GoldSearch Australia stocks QED and TDI-SL , he has used both extensively .
Give him a call he is excellent with his advice .

Cheers

goldrat

goldrat said:
Elijah said:

Dean at GoldSearch Australia stocks QED and TDI-SL , he has used both extensively .
Give him a call he is excellent with his advice .

Cheers

goldrat

I will do so tomorrow morning, thanks for the advice..

Latest posts