B&Z booster information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My B&Z booster had stopped working recently and I was seriously missing it. JP popped out the other day and after having a quick look found the problem. I had been a bit too rough with it and broke the inside of the cable that goes to the battery. He tells me that this happens when bending over etc and putting stress on it and to mount it in a slightly different position to stop this.
He replaced the cable for free and it's working great again :)
Anyway I'm a happy prospector again, thanks to a great product with great after sales service.

DD

Posts like this is the best advertising for a business.
Good to hear your booster thinggo is fixed & a happy customer

I must admit i love my B&Z and hated going back to headphones when i lost my speaker :rolleyes:
Great to hear JP was able to keep yours running DD, and great to see you guys are still having fun :cool:

Has anyone got an old B&Z booster or the battery cover for one that I could buy , I've lost the cover to mine :mad:

Thanks DD , I hadn't thought of that :8 as I presumed that he would only sell complete units :eek: but I will email him anyway.

Hi,
Just got a B&Z Booster and have not had a chance to use it.

It is recommended to run the lead over your shoulder but I am not keen on that and the lead is a bit short.

I have run the lead around my back under the battery and clipped it on my right side. I will cable tie it once I have found the right spot"

My question is will this interfere with the detector.

Thanks for any help
Richard

I tried to do this myself and it magically happened.
I felt very proud that I achieved it. A bit deflated now ?

Thanks for doing that

Richard

Make sure the cable stays loose and does not get caught on anything. JP fixes loads of them ( including mine :8 ) all the same problem the cable has been pulled.

DD

Diggerdude said:
Make sure the cable stays loose and does not get caught on anything. JP fixes loads of them ( including mine :8 ) all the same problem the cable has been pulled.

DD
Yep I had noted that
I think more likely to happen over the shoulder as per his recommendation
May be he likes fixing them?
By threading it around the back it is out of the way and I think can't be stressed like can over the shoulder

My concern is will there be interference with booster being so close to the detector control box

Richard

I'm heading over Dunolly way for 3 days, who over that way sells the B&Z Booster in case I need to purchase one?
Somewhere like Bendigo or Maryborough?

Thx

Mick

Hi fellas, I just bought a signal booster for my GPX500. I was led to believe that it boosts the signal from the nuggets that may well be missed. In other words it enhances the signal from the gold without amplifying other noises albeit from mineralization, radio interference or other EMI. Well I just tested it at home and found that it only amplifies the sound coming from the external speaker leading me to believe I could have got the same results by just by cranking up the volume for the speaker. Any suggestions? Did I waste my money? :eek:

Most of them all use a single chip audio amp... LM4906 and a few bits to regulate etc the 9V battery to power the cct and add volume to the output...

NO filters to selectively dampen or enhance...

Not see one yet that will selectively dampen or enhance the signal from the machine....

You would need a graphic equaliser to allow you to test a nugget/signal and then adjust to enhance the output you are wanting...

Some of the little headphone guitar amps do a great job for about $20 and are even usb rechargable...

Then do some tweaking and adjust the TONE GAIN to enhance what your after....

Not perfect but 110% over any of the one chip audio amplifiers... AND for a lot less...

NOW if you want to step it up...

Then a 6-Band Graphic Equalizer Pedal - a bit heavy as it is in a metal box as ment to be stomped on by mad band members LOL.

Re box and 9V and will allow you to play with 6 Frequencies: 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 800Hz, 1.6kHz and 3.2kHz.

CAUTION = About $55 so it could break the bank LOL.

I am not sure what the frequencies are that your machine puts out but the CTX3030 goes to about 2kHz... So a chance you could Enhance the tone your hard of hearing :)

Have not tried this one - but if you wish to buy it and have it send to me - Happy to see about modding :)

Was once any number of portable graphic equalisers....

Grab a cheep Android phone with a spare battery etc and an audio cable from the Detector to the phone...

Download any number of graphic equaliser apps... Or somthing like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hr.podlanica

And then use it as your TUNED external speaker - You could save separate profiles, depending on your hunting needs :)

Have fixed a few boster boxes and can not recommend them other than as an AMPLIFIER and even then the $$$... If your wanting selective tuning due to hunting style or your hearing range is restricted/lacking....

Look elsewhere as volume is not the answer...

Just like eye sight.. As it fails each eye is different and just using a magnifier is not always the solution...

All comes back to physics :)

Wow!!! thanks Mark, all sounds a bit complicated to me. I'm a civil engineer not an electronics expert. The signals we are talking about are the final ones emerging from the inbuilt computer inside the GPX500 unit. I totally agree with you, looks like I bought an expensive amplifier for $155 when I could have done the same with any cheap amplifier. I was really hoping it could actually magically increase signals from metals rather than simply amplifying the sound output. I could do that by cranking up the volume. 8.(

Is there anybody out there that has bought one of these units and actually found MORE gold as a result, and is happy with their purchase??

Latest posts