Silver bracelet with Opals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick64

Michael Ortiz
Reaction score
Hi all,
Came across a good find this morning on the beach. It was at around 6" down In packed wet sand. All I know that it's a sterling silver type chain as it has 92.5 on the back, the rest is a mystery. The opals are quite clear until the light comes through them, then the colours appear. Just wanted to know if anyone would have an idea on price, as sales assistants in shops have know idea.
1481871162_img_0157.jpg

1481871162_img_0159.jpg

1481871163_img_0160.jpg

1481871163_img_0161.jpg

Thanks
Mick

Rockhound said:
Nice find Mick64 :) Pretty sure the stones aren't opal.Look's like moonstone to me.Still a great find :D

I'd never heard of moonstone, now that you mention it you could be right. I'll give it a cut and polish During the week and see how it comes up.

Mick

If it was solid opal, I doubt whether it would be set in a silver chain/bracelet, more likely to be a cheaper triplet, or as mentioned above, moonstone. Still a decent chunk of silver to find lying around the beach, I'd be pretty pleased with that. :)

Hi Mick64
I am thinking Moonstones as well or crystal opal.
A similar sized setting on sale at Lightning Ridge shop in doublets was still in the $600 dollar mark.
A lot of opals are set in 925 silver.
Great find all the same.

Latest posts