Funny/Scary Animal encounters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hare_Twigga said:
Was only about 30mm long. It slipped back out about 20 mins later I believe but I never saw it, but did feel something slide down my cheek as I was driving into town and by the blood coming out of my eye and nose it had obviously let go... I was paranoid about leeches for a week or two after that. :|

thats a shocker mate

umm , do leaches ever go into other orifices ?

wondering if i should start wearing undies made of salt to keep them away from other sensitive places coz i have spent many hours up to my armpits in river water ? :/

I have the colo vale trap door spider on my land only found in my street bigger than normal :eek:

Hare_Twigga said:
I've heard they do. Don't Google it. There's some strange people in this world.

the sign says "wet paint dont touch " - so everyone touches it to see if its really wet

you cant tell people "dont google it mate" , coz i did :/

and yes , leaches do slither their way into various bodily orifices

i thought snake guards were complicated....... but leach protection ? :8

hahaha peeing myself here at the thought lol, what did Noah do in that flood? Salt undies as well??? :D :D

HeadsUp said:
Hare_Twigga said:
Was only about 30mm long. It slipped back out about 20 mins later I believe but I never saw it, but did feel something slide down my cheek as I was driving into town and by the blood coming out of my eye and nose it had obviously let go... I was paranoid about leeches for a week or two after that. :|

thats a shocker mate

umm , do leaches ever go into other orifices ?

wondering if i should start wearing undies made of salt to keep them away from other sensitive places coz i have spent many hours up to my armpits in river water ? :/
could be like rubbing salt into a sore wound

One day some time back the old lady over the road was working on her prize winning garden when she started screaming , running around and tearing off her clothing.. I ran to help her and she kept on screaming and tearing off her clothes.. A passer by saw this happening and thought I was attacking her and started on me when all I was doing was trying to help her.. NOT RAPE HER.. She had disturbed a very large hornets nest and they were in her clothing and bitting her all over.. :eek: :)

I bet that hurt like hell, modesty goes out the window when it comes to self preservation :D :D

HeadsUp, the woman that told me leaches could do that also told me that soldiers in one of the wars where the leaches must have been pretty bad would wear condoms to keep them out. I really don't know how true this is though. An old timer told me when he was in PNG during the war that they would sleep up a tree to limit how many would get on them. He said in the morning some of the poor fellas that stayed on the ground would be covered with them and they had to call the medic's to help them... They were giant leeches though.

Hare_Twigga said:
HeadsUp, the woman that told me leaches could do that also told me that soldiers in one of the wars where the leaches must have been pretty bad would wear condoms to keep them out. I really don't know how true this is though. An old timer told me when he was in PNG during the war that they would sleep up a tree to limit how many would get on them. He said in the morning some of the poor fellas that stayed on the ground would be covered with them and they had to call the medic's to help them... They were giant leeches though.

Thats true about the leaches,in 1994 i spent 5 months at Pulada jungle training centre in Malaysia with 5/7th infantry battalion and we mostly slept between rubber tree,s in hammocks,some how the leeches still made their way to us,affected some guys more than others,we were told that the individuals skin acid type will result in the attraction variance.

Some guys that just pulled them off had recieved bad infections as the teeth stayed inbedded ,we were told to use our zip lighters or salt to remove them.

Real jungles are a hard arse place to deal when it comes to insects,thank god there was no enemy to deal with

thanks for sharing your stories.

Just a tip. You can buy surface spray the atlas aldi brand is great. Its an insect repellant that works latter when insects crawl over the surface.

Works like a treat so its perfect for seats, machines, bikes, helmets etc.

just spray this over the surface and lasts for a few months.

pauly250 said:
Hare_Twigga said:

Thats true about the leaches,in 1994 i spent 5 months at Pulada jungle training centre in Malaysia with 5/7th infantry battalion and we mostly slept between rubber tree,s in hammocks,some how the leeches still made their way to us,affected some guys more than others,we were told that the individuals skin acid type will result in the attraction variance.

Some guys that just pulled them off had recieved bad infections as the teeth stayed inbedded ,we were told to use our zip lighters or salt to remove them.

Real jungles are a hard arse place to deal when it comes to insects,thank god there was no enemy to deal with

We used to throw them at each other on picket :rolleyes: only small ones compared to the tigers a Grabben Gullen. Jungles are also the nosiest damn places on the planet at night.

Had a copperhead swim across the creek 6 inches from my head whilst sniping yesterday, brown trousers time :eek:

Cheers

C&L

You have to watch out for funnel web spiders in swimming pools , they can stay at the bottom for days with just one tiny bubble of air and chlorine does nothing to them

A mate told me not to worry about the one in their pool coz it had been there for days but I scooped it out and then watched it crawl away under a rock.

:eek:

female funnel webs are the one to watch why is it that women of any kind are dangerous :)

Many moons ago, myself and a mate were told a story of the 1st impoundment ever stocked with barramundi. It was stocked along time before tinaroo dam, and we figured that the barra must be massive by now, only problem is the dam was off limits to fishermen. So we did what all keen fishos would do, and planned a night mission. Being ex army, I got a toppo map, and planned a route in, it involved hiding the car in the jungle, then following a spur line down a steep hill to the edge of the dam....easy!
Anyway, after about 20 mins of very hard going, getting tangled up in wait a while, in the dark, rod getting hooked up in vines, mozzies eating us and sweat in the eyes, I was confronted by a cassowary, it had fluffed all its feathers out, was jumping up and down on the spot and hissing like a snake, must have been 6 foot tall, and looked more like 10 ft!
Ever tried to run through the jungle at night?....with full undies? 8)

Latest posts