You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

brendomac
21 December 2016 07:54 am

Hey Occassional,
I'd be interested to know how the really wide gauge stuff goes (The 3rd pic in your 1st post). I have some of that, but I haven't cut it up or tested it yet.

I got it because it was at the scrap yard, but later I thought it looked too wide and thin. I dunno, maybe someone else has tried that one before?

Occasional_panner
21 December 2016 09:50 pm

brendomac wrote:

Hey Occassional,
I'd be interested to know how the really wide gauge stuff goes (The 3rd pic in your 1st post). I have some of that, but I haven't cut it up or tested it yet.

I got it because it was at the scrap yard, but later I thought it looked too wide and thin. I dunno, maybe someone else has tried that one before?

Shall do mate, I fitted the biggest size I got to the length of the banker, it seems a little too hardcore, I run a 10 in wide banker and with 3700 gal bilge on a fresh battery the deck wasn't very active, I'll cut and have ready a few different options, so I can field test them, catch the tailings and pan it out to see what gets missed.

XIV what size catwalk mesh do you run mate?

Just call me panner

1 user likes this post: brendomac

XIV
22 December 2016 06:03 am

I'll double check when I get home tonight from work, but I think its 75x32 at a depth of 18mm.
How wide is the sluice?

One can never be wrong at doing the right thing.

Occasional_panner
22 December 2016 06:48 am

It's 10inches or 255mm. The bigger stuff I tried is 100x40 17mm high.
I'll do a video tonight.

Just call me panner

1 user likes this post: XIV

XIV
22 December 2016 06:59 am

Now I know you said your running a 3700 bilge. Which should be beg enough.
How much hose are you running and whats the lift in it.
That may be the problem with water flow.
When running a bilge. I would have it as high as possible.
Are you running spray bars, holes may be to small too.

If you have any questions mp me and I may be able to help out one arvo.
Or I'll take you down to a local spot to run it and see if we can iron out any kinks you are having.

2 users like this post: Occasional_panner, G0lddigg@

Occasional_panner
22 December 2016 07:20 am

I was just running it in the back yard with 2m of smooth suction hose to test the new riffles, so that shouldn't be an issue.
That would be great if we could run it somewhere I'd love to get your input mate!

Just call me panner

brendomac
22 December 2016 08:12 am

Thanks Occassional,

I have some holidays coming up, so I might try rebuilding the sluice innards again, If I do I'll make sure I'll post the results. Thankfully in the meantime, I have an Angus MacKirk Grubstake that gets me out of trouble.

But if you give the wider thinner gauge a crack, I looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

Occasional_panner
22 December 2016 08:51 am

Yeah I'll cut some up tonight and I'll be able to swap them around quickly to see how each performs (hopefully).
BTW what the hell is that suit you are wearing???

Just call me panner

brendomac
22 December 2016 09:09 am

Thanks! Haha, that's my Duffman suit! It was especially important for the round of bush golf we played that day.

Occasional_panner
28 December 2016 05:25 pm

Had a quick dig with Kane today, thanks mate! I tried the two bigger mesh. The biggest one worked really well. The security door one not so well. Got a few flakes from the cleanup. 95% was in the black v matt, that surprised me! I was running carpet and cross riffles before. The catwalk mesh and miners moss with v matt under works really well. I reckon I'll end up getting the dream matt though, Kane talked me into that.

Just call me panner

2 users like this post: G0lddigg@, XIV

XIV
28 December 2016 07:46 pm

Your welcome bud.
Good to see you got a little color in the banker.
You won't go wrong with the dream mat.
And you won't have to pan out all that material.

1 user likes this post: Brother

casper
28 December 2016 09:54 pm

Occasional_panner wrote:

Had a quick dig with Kane today, thanks mate! I tried the two bigger mesh. The biggest one worked really well. The security door one not so well. Got a few flakes from the cleanup. 95% was in the black v matt, that surprised me! I was running carpet and cross riffles before. The catwalk mesh and miners moss with v matt under works really well. I reckon I'll end up getting the dream matt though, Kane talked me into that.

G'day Mark, X2 on the Dream Mat, I run the 8 inch wide mat in a homemade river sluice and it's efficiency re gravitiy separation sets it apart from many of the commonly used setups.

casper

" Luck happens when Preparation meets Opportunity "

2 users like this post: G0lddigg@, Brother

IsThisGold?
10 January 2017 10:08 pm

Just bought a gs16 can anyone tell me where to find miners moss/matting around maryborough/bendigo? would prefer to switch out the marine carpet sooner rather than later

XIV
11 January 2017 04:28 am

bunnings will have what you need.
either the woven in a 1000x1200mm for I think about $29, but you will have to run some sort of rubber matting under it
or a door mat woven with backing, they work well.

Rusty_G
11 January 2017 08:54 am

XIV wrote:

either the woven in a 1000x1200mm for I think about $29, but you will have to run some sort of rubber matting under it

The backed woven mats can be found at 'The Reject Shop'. They come in 2 sizes; smaller is $6 and larger $8. Fairly open weave and not to heavy.

Brother
11 January 2017 10:36 am

I use the Backed woven matting in all my kit! Got it from Clark rubber in Cairns. I like to collect all the fine heavies!

I wonder if the new Dream matting would work well as a con's clean up unit for the bigger plant? Lots of fine raw tin in our cons!?

3 pans, 2 sluice, 3 HIbanker, 1 Garrett AT Gold and no more time for dreaming!

XIV
11 January 2017 02:35 pm

Brother wrote:

I use the Backed woven matting in all my kit! Got it from Clark rubber in Cairns. I like to collect all the fine heavies!

I wonder if the new Dream matting would work well as a con's clean up unit for the bigger plant? Lots of fine raw tin in our cons!?

Going on what I have run with the dream mat, it should be fine.
One of the spots I run is full of iron stone, it keeps all the fine gold no worries.

IsThisGold?
11 January 2017 03:54 pm

XIV wrote:

didnt find any at bunnings but clark rubber bendigo had it cheers

2 users like this post: XIV, Brother

Eldorado
11 January 2017 11:55 pm

Yeah Bunnings don't seem to sell them anymore,I got my last one from BigW.

1 user likes this post: IsThisGold?

Spain81
12 January 2017 01:07 am

I use my dream Matt in a highbanker out in the field when I get home only need to put the cons on a miller table no classification needed

"Just one more pan"

IsThisGold?
12 January 2017 10:06 pm

Spain81 wrote:

I use my dream Matt in a highbanker out in the field when I get home only need to put the cons on a miller table no classification needed

Dream mat might be my next pickup, looks the goods. I had a strong desire to get gold hog mats for a while but the more i look into them the less impressed i get

XIV
13 January 2017 04:55 am

IsThisGold? wrote:
Spain81 wrote:

Dream mat might be my next pickup, looks the goods. I had a strong desire to get gold hog mats for a while but the more i look into them the less impressed i get

Not to mention the price for gold hog.
Its not to bad if you only want one mat type for a small section of your sluice, but if you buy a few different types, it adds up really quick.

2 users like this post: IsThisGold?, G0lddigg@
Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site