I'm hooked now too, Northern Rivers NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day,
I've really been enjoying this forum the last couple of weeks and gained so much new information.
My 12 year old son has been struggling for years for acceptance and finding enjoyment. (He has been diagnosed with autism and is quite unique).
His grandpa took us to Flinders Island last month and we found a "Kilicrankie Diamond". He was so happy and wants to find lots more gemstones now. Being so difficult to get outside and off the computer screens I got the idea to buy him a metal detector to treasure hunt with. He is now proud owner of a ACE 200 and Minelab ProFind. I think I love treasure hunting more then he does and want my own detector! Probably no hope for gold near here but I really want to explore old sites with a bit of interesting history.
LT

U and your son are welcoome . U certanly will need to get a detector to keep up with him :)

I am 60 + think i would like to try my hand at prospecting,i don't expect anything just any useful info (other than don't do it)

Welcome JKT .
Heres a few areas your way worth researching if you decide you and and son would like to scratch around for gold as well.

Tooloom, Bulldog, Lionsville, Emu Creek, Timbarra, Tabulam and Drake .

Gaz

mick1358 said:
I am 60 + think i would like to try my hand at prospecting,i don't expect anything just any useful info (other than don't do it)

Gday Mick
Welcome to PA mate . May i suggest you start up a new thread in this " introduce yourself " section and tell us a little about yourself and where you are etc and im sure our members will try and provide any help and advice you need :cool:

Gaz

Wow
thank you everybody

I feel as though I have found treasure already in your kindness

my son already wants to upgrade to an AT-Pro having watched his new idol Jacob "digging australia" youtubes - Jacob you are the best ambassador!
I'm leaning heavily towards deus now that I've done some research so I don't have to upgrade again (and 5 year warranty shows faith in their product).

cheers
LT

mick1358 said:
I am 67 and still doing it . Recon when l cant go north for a few months of the year may be I will be getting old . Prospecting is the only hobby i have left and me and my detector gunna bave one hell off a party next year to celebrate 50 years off digging holes all over Aust . ( detector only 6 years ) . And maybe my beatifull wife for putting up with us for 35 years :)

Really Nice to meet you both The other day and Have to say you do rival your son for being keen on detecting.

Great Kid and Glad he has found a hobby he enjoys and one that you too share a passion for.

Can't tell you how relieved I was to find that $2 coin LOL. I was feeling very inferior as that spot is loaded I reckon.

Remember if you need any assistance my card is tucked into the case of the machine, just get it out and call me.

Cheers

Clegy

Latest posts