Crowley's Prospecting Adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everyone. just a quick question on what camera everyone uses to record their youtube videos, or some ideas on whats a decent brand with out spending big $$$$$

I have a few of the Spny Action cams. Mine are older models but do everything you need. Can stiill be bought for under $200.
Therr are newer, more expensive models.

1474176763_images.jpg

Ramjet said:
I have a few of the Spny Action cams. Mine are older models but do everything you need. Can stiill be bought for under $200.
Therr are newer, more expensive models.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1474176763_images.jpg
I'll second that, it also comes with a handycam with viewing screen, Mine's coped some big hits from snowboard crashes and still is A1, have had it for about 2 years without issues except the yellow plastic slide clip broke when I tried to squeeze it to slide it in in sub zero temps but it might have been me being forcefull as it was frozen finger weather, many parts are available for them, the case the picture is in is water resistant but but it fogs up in bad weather in snow but there is a fully waterproof case as well, excellent price for a great helmet I mean mine is HATCAM :lol: :lol:

And a wrist watch remote thing which I wish I waited for to come out to get in the kit
Check out SONY ACTION PANDA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have both a GoPro and a waterproof/shockproof Nikon Coolpix AW130 (FullHD), but actually use my Telstra tradie phone for most videos due to the convenience of slipping it in my pocket. Nothing wrong with the video quality of the phone either being HD, plus it is also waterproof and shockproof.

The only problem with doing long HD clips is that they take forever to upload to you tube, especially from my Samsung tablet.

Had 2 no-pro hero 3's cameras break down/glitch out and bad to low battery life, and not very user friendly!! Will not take a chance on the newer one!

Im looking for something too! Cheaper seems better at the moment!

B5MECH said:
And a wrist watch remote thing which I wish I waited for to come out to get in the kit
Check out SONY ACTION PANDA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ebay or gumtree. I went to Harvey norman and good guys but they don't have much

Goldpick said:
I have both a GoPro and a waterproof/shockproof Nikon Coolpix AW130 (FullHD), but actually use my Telstra tradie phone for most videos due to the convenience of slipping it in my pocket. Nothing wrong with the video quality of the phone either being HD, plus it is also waterproof and shockproof.

The only problem with doing long HD clips is that they take forever to upload to you tube, especially from my Samsung tablet.

I use my iPhone but its not wide screen. so on youtube all u can see is black left and right with narrow video in the middle. im over it

JB hifi is where I got mine,Handy if you have vouchers, Myer used to sell them but not anymore

I've gone through a couple of cheap helmet cameras and in the end it wasn't worth the hassle, the sony is a excellent unit, stay away from VHOLDR rubish it went to the snow on a sunny day got up the first chair and that's all she wrote, ended up selling it for parts on ebay for cheap

I got one these https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/outdoor/action-cameras/virb-/prod119592.html One button for record on off, you can find for under $200 if you google around I have many mounts even go pro convert mounts since dick smith sold go pro stuff cheap .

I normally convert mine down for upload files way 2 big at 1080 upload one now, 4 min 650mb finding a nugget 2 hours upload time is 2 hours compared to one I converted paddling down the river I upload in 10-20 min

@ hours later below google converts anyways.my screen quality is way better

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/vns1-u9YSj4[/video]

one I converted with movie maker

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/NcQorpN5dSQ[/video]

1474368769_del_001.jpg

1474368769_del_002.jpg

1474368769_del_003.jpg

The sony has more options than any other, also swaps into a handy cam, the fully weatherproof housing was extra but I have dunked the water resistant one and it didn't leak but fogs up a little when it's snowing or sub zero temps, the handy cam is super handy you can actually see what your filming while doing so, just wish I waited for the kit to come with the wrist watch remote, the footage is super crisp and clean even at high speeds and doesn't get sketchy even when it or me takes a big hit
The gopro is the only other that's in it's class but has had some issues and is chunky and ugly
OH and it's a SONY :lol: :lol:

Check out the xiaomi yi action camera, it's basically the same thing as a gopro but much cheaper at around $100 or something like $160 with an accessories and extra battery kit. I have one and it's pretty good, check out youtube reviews. They have a new 4K one out no idea if it's any better but it's over $400 so not really an option.

You'd need to be comfortable with tech if you get the yi though, it does have a click and go setting but to get into options etc you need to connect it to your phone and use the app, it's easy if you are tech minded but it'd be a headache for someone like my parents who aren't tech minded or anything else.

Check ebay, you might even find second hand ones on gumtree for cheaper soon seeing the new 4K ones are out.

Latest posts