New waterproof Whites MX Sport

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
I reckon give it six months on this one, and come back to see if everything is sorted then before even thinking of buying one, just too many issues at this stage. Even by then there will be better options on the market.

Yeah, I think your right, The trouble with Australia being so far from the US people don't know if the machines that are in Transit have been updated or whether people are going to have to get that done when they buy one, Which In OZ can add a lot more waiting time, Fingers crossed that they have or will be sorted before they are offered for sale to people.

Ridge Runner said:
The trouble with Australia being so far from the US people don't know if the machines that are in Transit have been updated or whether people are going to have to get that done when they buy one, Which In OZ can add a lot more waiting time, Fingers crossed that they have or will be sorted before they are offered for sale to people.

At an Australian price of $1,485, I can't see many people rushing out to buy an MXS anyway, especially since their existing Whites coils aren't compatible. The AT Pro is a well-proven, lighter, cheaper waterproof machine and if waterproof isn't a requirement, one or other of the recent Makro/Nocta models will be lighter, much cheaper and of comparable performance. And don't get me started on the Whites' 8x AA batteries requirement... :lol:

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:
The trouble with Australia being so far from the US people don't know if the machines that are in Transit have been updated or whether people are going to have to get that done when they buy one, Which In OZ can add a lot more waiting time, Fingers crossed that they have or will be sorted before they are offered for sale to people.

At an Australian price of $1,485, I can't see many people rushing out to buy an MXS anyway, especially since their existing Whites coils aren't compatible. The AT Pro is a well-proven, lighter, cheaper waterproof machine and if waterproof isn't a requirement, one or other of the recent Makro/Nocta models will be lighter, much cheaper and of comparable performance. And don't get me started on the Whites' 8x AA batteries requirement... :lol:

Amen Grub, Since GS had their Price hike and their latest offering turning in to a Lemon I think whites are just about done in Australia, The machines were good and for a while they set the benchmark with a couple of machines but those times are over for whites and the machines I have now will be the last I will buy from whites, and I think Nokta Makro are now the people to invest with and the standards they are setting makes it impossible for people like whites to catch up, And even though they have lost their position in the market They Still won't listen to what people want and they Only build what they want to regardless of the fact that they only use these things once in a blue moon and they don't have to pay for them, Where as we pay large sums of money to get our machines and invest $000s of dollars to go out in the bush to use them, When it comes to real world detecting I think that we know better than they do. It's a Shame because all my best finds were made with Whites machines.

john

Latest posts