Nokta Fores Core information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nokta team received the following review from a user in the USA and we are sharing it with you:

''Fors Core, 15 hrs + 3 today on it...
Today the Fors Core finally sank in. Really a pretty simple machine by most standards but outstanding power and some to spare. Flat out speed and separation, I'm gonna keep my mouth silent on that one lol. Yep I own one of the other machines too. The last 3 hunts I have been hunting some of the trashiest places in America I'll promise you that. Did pretty good but nothing special. Not a great place to learn a machine mind you. This morning got out and asked people in their yards about detecting and the first 2 stops were "have at it" replies. Mind you this is ungodly trashy also but not like places I've been hunting where houses have been burned or torn down and everything small was just mixed into the dirt plus 200 yrs. plus of human trash. This might sound crazy but even with the small coil on the Notka one swing in the trashiest places was 15-20 or more metal objects under the coil vs about 8-10 average today. Now the setting, an older home lot where they actually carried most of the stuff off seems like. Got some 20 coins and dug about the same in trash in about 3 hours. Bottle caps were a problem for me, then I learned a little from the machine. The pinpoint on the machine is second to none for me. A bottle cap would pinpoint over or about an inch. They read the same as a dime or maybe a penny 85 to 82 TID. Well I stopped digging them per the coin signature is short as can be when pinpointing. My observations from today, this machine is a TID watchers dream machine. If when scanning what seems to be a good target and the TID gets right, even amongst the below 40 breakpoint grunts and the conductive sounds I'll bet ya 20 bucks a hole something worth digging is there. I'm not calling it a magic machine but in every hole I dug there was several pieces of metal in the 6 inch diameter plugs I dug and more than not nulling in the ground when the plug was flipped out. Very special coil seems like, must have a very narrow detection edge or something IDK. Another unusual trait with this machine is it will overload on anything bigger than a dime at an inch to an inch and a half. Never had a machine do that but just lifting the coil a couple of inches off the ground if it still overloads chances of it being anything good are almost none. Just might be the small coil? I like it once "I adapted". Depth is superb for a small coil, does not follow the usual rules of coil size at all.
Dug some coins up to 7 inches today at 40 sensitivity. Before I left I ran the mask up to 70 on the machine and just listened to virtually nothing until I ran across 2 quarters about a foot apart, one at 5 inches and the other a little shallower with nails in each ones plug. I didn't hear them at all just conductive sounds. I am liking this machine a lot and it is sinking in and really put on a show for me today when I realized what it was doing or was capable of. Ergonomics, there is none with the Core if you have any doubts and I cannot see any with the other coils as they weigh just ounces more than the small coil. The machine just wants to hang on your arm like a feather seems like. I actually have less fatigue with this as compared to yes, the other machine. Just might be the most solid made machines on the market that has passed through my hands, build is second to none on that note. I'm headed back out tomorrow for about half a day, more later, maybe a video in the future

Jack Flynn, USA

After spending a bit of time with my GO-Find 40 I have become quite addicted to swinging on the beaches and in the local park and find a coin or two every trip with my oldest being a 1896 Half penny, but what i dont like is it is very hard to tell the difference between trash and treasure and it seems to not like the wet sand to much. So what i would like to know has anyone used the Fores Core on the beaches and how does it perform. On another note I really enjoy prospecting for gold sluicing and panning so i would like to know could the Fores Core be used for small gold or determining where mineralised black sands lay in a creek/river.

Third question i have is if i decide to upgrade to a FORES Core does anyone know where i could pick up the best deal and get it delivered to Port Macquarie and for how much?

Cheers
Havinago

took mine to the beach yesterday, it was sweet on the black sand, in conductive ground mode. Its brother, the fors gold is almost the same machine, so no doubt the core will be useful in the goldfields. Central west prospecting supplies in mudgee gave me a good deal, ask for Owen. They are offering a free nokta pinpointer, with the fors gold at the moment. grrr I want a freebee pinpointer lol

The fors core has a dedicated salt mode so it should be fine on the beach, they are real good machines.

good luck.

JeffP said:
Ridge Runner have you used the Core ?

Yeah but only for a short while, I know the importers quiet well and I know about 9 people that own them,

There's 4 things that sets the Core apart from other machines and they are 1) they have 3 forms of ground balancing as in Tracking, Manual, and Grab, and 2) they have a True mix mode Audio, along with and 3) All metal mode that gives you a VDI ID, and 4) That Vibrate mode on the handle is Great for people with hearing problems or if you don't like using head phone because it even vibrates when if finds Tiny targets

As for the Ground balance modes the only other machine that I know of that has them all is the GMT, and the mix mode Audio is only found on a few machines like the MXT and the Deus and a couple of other machines,,, There can't be more than a Dozen or so that can do that, And what it does on the MXT is IE Low tone for Iron, High tone for non ferrous, and if there is a target that is beyond Discrimination depth it makes an All metal/Threshold Sound to Alert the user that there is a Target there down deep and what this does is add a huge amount of depth well beyond the normal depth where the machine no longer bleeps, say at 16 to 17 inches and then it will make the all metal sound as far as 24 to 26 inches on a Coin and in mild that's a Serious depth and in hotter ground it can still add an extra 4 to 8 inches of extra depth, The more common name for it is the Third Tone as I have mentioned it here in the past and if a person learns to use it they are going to get down to the good stuff,

hope this helps,, john

Thanks Rocket, i've been very impressed by your finds :D did you get anything on the beach and what coil did you use?

I took the huge coil this time. Its a beast to swing, couple of hours, and my arm was tiring. I didnt find anything good, unless you count a harmonica reed. It was high tide, so I didnt get to swing where the goodies would be. It ran really well, I was digging deep bits of foil, and very clear tones.

Pro mate wanted the large coil for the beach and weather shields, the large coil is expensive on its own ;) Just had to talk the hugs and kisses around, now need to find enough coins to pay it off :D, maybe start a service for lost keys and jewellery at the beach :), dont know if anyone else does this but im unemployed atm.

plenty of people do it on gumtree, give it a go!

edit 1999 posts.....maybe I should wait, and post an epic finds post for my 2000th :p

Havinago said:
Its official just purchased the Nokta Fors Core, now just gotta wait until its delivered :D

Cool mate, Well done, every one should own a high quality VLF like that,, Let the finds begin,

good luck, john.

Ridge Runner said:
Havinago said:
Its official just purchased the Nokta Fors Core, now just gotta wait until its delivered :D

Cool mate, Well done, every one should own a high quality VLF like that,, Let the finds begin,

good luck, john.

Thanks John and all that contributed to my questions, I will start a new finds thread as soon as she arrives and is working and keep everyone posted. :D

Latest posts