Collapsable Gem Shaker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dughug

Doug Hughes
Reaction score
Heading North again in a couple of weeks & intend to have a scratch around Harts Ranges NT, Rubyvale Qld before returning via Glen Innes & Inverell NSW. As space in my van is limited I needed to make a sieve shaker that breaks down to transport.

The cradle part folds down onto itself & the bolt that goes into the upright can be turned around for transporting. The upright has 2 parts - a bit of water pipe that slips over a 1/2" sharpened rod. The water pipe acts like a slide hammer to bank the rod into the ground. The rod has a bit of angle welded on it which helps lever it out of the ground with a shovel when you are finished.

Here is the result-

1436918014_50_collapsable_sieve_shaker_disassembled.jpg
1436918049_50_collapsable_sieve_shaker_assembled.jpg
1436918077_50_collapsable_sieve_shaker.jpg

Hopefully we'll find a few cutters :)

Great little tool there mate, looks extremely useful though I'd personally make the arms longer to use buckets as well to move more material faster at times.

Love it.

From what I've read and seen on vids , Rubyvale has a few sifting tubs with water nearby?

Your hitting some mad destinations by the sounds of it, can't wait to see your future finds!

Latest posts