MrCornford's finds with the hobby

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also looking forward to those pics, sounds like you've hit upon an older area with the pre-roo pennies/hp's. :)

My oldest coin so far..

1425105263_image.jpg

A totally unexpected find!

1425105858_img_0522.jpg

And after mending it back to shape..

1425105859_img_0523.jpg

Yahoo!!
Congratulations ... What a proud peace of history...Thats a really cool find :p
Have seen a few others found on here too
I cant wait for the day that i might find one myself

It was found in a tiny park that's hardly on a map. I live quite close by (no vehicle to get around so I'm stuck to walking and bussing about), was expecting modern coinage, but surprisingly found more old than new.

What I'd love to do is detect after an outdoor event (Future music festival is on today, I'd expect some nice yields).

Darn, I still cant see pickys till tommorrow, nothing discriptive enough to go on, (ha). Left hanging, oh well, iI ll just have to wait(and have another Burbon).

Darn, I still cant see pickys till tommorrow, nothing discriptive enough to go on, (ha). Left hanging, oh well, iI ll just have to wait(and have another Burbon).

It's missing some bits and it was very out of shape when I got it, spent some time bending it carefully back into shape. But it counts. One off the list!

does look nice doesn't it ! Finally back on line proper, can't believe it ran out on day 17 last month. Great find Mr Cornford, always nice to see these pop up, a real rarity.

MrCornford said:
It was found in a tiny park that's hardly on a map. I live quite close by (no vehicle to get around so I'm stuck to walking and bussing about), was expecting modern coinage, but surprisingly found more old than new.

What I'd love to do is detect after an outdoor event (Future music festival is on today, I'd expect some nice yields).
Come to London for Electric Beach. Small festival on the beach. rock out to Cat Empire during the day, find stuff at night :p

Who am I kidding I'll still be too drunk for night hunting...

Good on you Mr C. 1946 Shilling,... and it came up great as well, nice start to your Silver coin collection.

One more addition for today from the same night as the Rising Sun find -

I found one of these in terrible condition
1425598027__14.jpg

1425598027__145.jpg

It's a token from the 1994 olympics. My heart jumped as I thought it might have been a gold sov! It's taken a lot of soaking to get my one to a condition where I could tell what it was.

Link to an ebay listing selling one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUNDAY-T...AU_Exonumia_Medals_Tokens&hash=item3cf3c2e40a

Latest posts