For Lucas22

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spent some time putting together a post in response to your requests in your last thread before it was locked.

Hope this helps out in someway mate.

lucas22 said:
Ok Geologists, I know there is Fine Gold in the small river in Maps featured & I am Trying to get closer to the source & have Read that the Gold is Squeezed out of the bedrock in the Mountains or exposed predominately close to these Tight contour interval lines Up the mountains & flows into Streams .

TRUE ?

or

False ?

You are correct Lucas.....Its almost guaranteed that any gold would be shedding from the deposits (reefs, pockets, lodes etc) high up on the brows and ridges of the elevated country.
Gravity, Rain, soil movement etc force the heavy minerals to spread downhill and eventually into the streams, valley's and drainage gutters below, to become alluvial gold.

lucas22 said:
I have chosen the two forked streams or creeks up in them thar mountains where the contour intervals are close together.

Plenty of Quartz and black rock up there, not as much quartz as down in the main river, but I Think most of that quartz is coming from further upstream of the river.
Quartz up on the mountain is all clear quartz no rusty colors or oxidization visible in any quartz I have seen up there.

I have good information 1-2 gram nuggets have been found in the Area ( no specific given site for the said found nuggets ) but quite reliable intel so I am told and have seen a few pics of the nuggets found in crevices.

Lot of Hot Rock up this way Magnetite & my SD2100 managed to score nuggets up Hokkaido in magnetite laden ground, a bit tricky sometimes & so did my excalibur1000

Appreciate knowledgeable opinions from Map reading Geologists & those that can find gold via contour maps.

If it is the source of the alluvial gold that you seek, may I highly recommend that you study the art of 'Loaming'.

A systematical process of panning the loose surface samples (loam) for the purpose tracing gold back to its original source.
It has been studied, practiced and proved extremely successful for decades by the most knowledgeable and experienced of prospectors.

Its methods are responsible for the discovery of over 100 new gold mines in Western Australia alone!

I do not know of a better way that is as affordable or as sure as Loaming. It does take time, patience and a willingness to learn the art 'step by step' but is sure to reward those who are willing and disciplined.
I recommend these 2 books which I purchased online from Fremantle W.A http://www.chartandmapshop.com.au/

2m5chgo.jpg

bgqtkn.jpg

It requires the systematic keeping of field assay numerical data....Here are some examples of my field templates!

wwernt.jpg

23j6a9j.jpg

wlaf53.jpg

Professionalism is essential to the success of any business....yes? Why should prospecting be any different I say!

Cheers ;)

thanks for sharing mate i havent seen the Robert Fagan's book before its on the list.

unfortunately paydirt and lucas22 both requested for their accounts to be closed.

Thats unfortunate....respected them both!

Fagan is a professor in Geology, a switched on man who shows how loaming can be used to not only discover deposits, but lead to great patches suitable for detecting.

How modern technology such as detectors, along with sluices and dryblowers can be utilized in adapting some more modern techniques to Sam's System.

Great reading Golddigg, I know you will enjoy and benefit.

Thanks mate ;)

G0lddigg@ said:
thanks for sharing mate i havent seen the Robert Fagan's book before its on the list.

unfortunately paydirt and lucas22 both requested for their accounts to be closed.

that would be a pity

If any member is going through some stress at home that week and starts slinging insults at another , can we perhaps look at a 3 day ban , or "2 strikes and youre out" kind of thing instead of total ban ?

I have noticed around work and the forum that there has been elevated stresses over the last 8 days or so

maybe its a moon thing or a subconcsious fear that we are going to have a gold price crash or a huge tsunami in Borneo , whatever the cause i wonder if a little tolerance would help.

peace . out

G0lddigg@ said:

It's this sort of thing that makes me glad I moved on, ain't no one got time for that :lol:

HeadsUp said:
G0lddigg@ said:

that would be a pity

If any member is going through some stress at home that week and starts slinging insults at another , can we perhaps look at a 3 day ban , or "2 strikes and youre out" kind of thing instead of total ban ?

I have noticed around work and the forum that there has been elevated stresses over the last 8 days or so

maybe its a moon thing or a subconcsious fear that we are going to have a gold price crash or a huge tsunami in Borneo , whatever the cause i wonder if a little tolerance would help.

peace . out

mate where not banning people they ask for us to close their accounts...... and yes we do warn people and hand out 3 day bans for continued aggression towards other members.

If a member chooses to have their account closed, why Banned displayed on their Avatar's ? it makes it look like they were kicked out.

Oldfella said:
If a member chooses to have their account closed, why Banned displayed on their Avatar's ? it makes it look like they were kicked out.
Account closed would be more fitting.

Oldfella said:

It depends on who and how the account was disabled. There is an "account closed" option but the Admin is the only person who can change member rank, though Mod's can ban members hence the "banned" label.

G0lddigg@ said:

Hi Nugget, I was going on the above statement and noticed that Paydirt had Banned on his Avatar, hence the question. I appreciate that much goes on behind the scenes, just commenting on how it looks to the rest of us :)

Cheers

So should Paydirt as well then,....both shake each others virtual hands and move on to a better experience with each other,...that would be the ideal solution.
MJB said:
Lucas22 has decided to stick around for a bit longer

Latest posts