Makro?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with the Makro pointer is that it's as good as a Garrett pin pointer with the added bonus of being submersible & has adjustable sensitivity. I also like the tip guards. It's like having a skid plate for your pin pointer. If you're like me and wear out pin pointers once a year, sure will cut down on cost.

Most of the Makro range is designed for searching for large deep items, such as might be used by treasure or cache hunters of for more industrial type applications, like mine detection. The main handheld consumer type detector that most here would be interested in would be the CF77. It has a fairly simple feature set making it relatively less expensive but is recognized as a deep detecting general purpose 17.5 kHz VLF detector. US$ MSRP is only $550

And of course the new pinpointer. Not sure if that is what you were after but hope it helps.

Thanks for that. As its my first pin pointer I don't really have anything to compare it to but so far it has saved me a fair bit of time and effort and seems to have really good depth even on the lower settings. As stated above, the cover with the scraping blade and the fact that its water proof are a winner.

If I ever get 5 minutes at home I will do some air tests and post the results.

From what I hear it is a good pinpointer.

Looks like Makro is going to make waves in the U.S. with their new consumer style detectors, the Makro racer and Makro Gold Racer. I am in line to get a Gold Racer as soon as they can be had.

The Makro Racer certainly looks the goods for a coin/relic detector, plenty of good features, optional bluetooth headphones, backlit screen (a must in my book), and what looks to be a balanced shaft setup, similar to the f70/f75/T2. The US guys are getting pretty excited by this new range of detectors (gold racer included), and understandably so considering there has been little to rave about from the US manufacturers as of late. Also good to see how accommodating Nokta/Makro are on feedback and suggestions made by end users on improvements/additions to the Racer range prior to release.

Whilst not appearing to provide any real advancements on the technological side of things, they should prove a good alternative and competition to the regular offerings from which we have to choose from. Makes me wonder whether the main manufacturers have geen caught off guard by Nokta's speedy rise to prominence. Time will tell I guess, especially with new offerings from Minelab in the budget range carded for the near future, not to mention other detectors currently under R&D in the US (Hello Cazador???) :)

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/makro-gold-racer-metal-detector.htm