⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back to Whroo again Sunday sorry L,L after panning off last week,s con,s friday nite I had to go back there :D
Went to the other side of the surfaced area ( the raped part ) had a quick smoke while setting up .
Off I go got about 10 feet from ute over about 2 hours and roughly 4-5 metre area covered
I can happy say :mad: that it is lead free now :mad:
45 lead shot :eek: 12 tiny steel poo :lol: 1 .22 short shell :| and a bit weird a small fishing hook at about 40 mm :eek:
I thought well there,s your problem . you may be snagged and there,s no water .
Well bugga this went back same area as Saturday :D
covered some of the same area 13 more lead shot then got this maybe 300 mm from one of yesterdays dig,s :D
1454914048_wp_20160207_015.jpg

Maybe if I had turn left instead of right yesterday ??? who know,s
Weighed in at 0.07 :D my biggest yet detecting :D :D :D Yer I'm happy about that :D :D :D
and that was it for the day oh yer the blower went paaarrr paarr paa then nothing
Oh crap I cleaned plug , fuel oil filters put new fuel in I pulled and pulled and pulled if was pulling something else would have been
better day .but nothing dam it :mad:
Sat under one of few tree,s near me had a coke and a smoke BLOODY FLY,S calmed down packed up went home panned off the little bit of con,s
:( 3 little ant poo,s ah well one was 0.01 :|
Still was a fantastic weekend ;)
Forgot got a HOLD ON SETTLE DOWN a 1992 10 cent :lol:

finished work early for once, got itchy panning hands with the gold price so nice, so stopped into creswick on the way back to Ballarat. Grabbed 2 buckets, and just classified and panned at home.
It'll be a nice spot for the banker come winter rain.

1455252680_creswick_gold.jpg

ballarat_gold

My family and I are moving up to Ballarat at the end of March and I've done a few pans around the place... I tried Creswick a few weeks ago but the creek seemed dry, at least where I was (I believe I was in Creswick National Park). Also not the nicest roads... but I'm wondering if I was in the right area? I also notice that Creswick Creek is on the exempt list for prospecting yet on the Parks website it states panning/prospecting is an activity to engage in the area... do you happen to know what the limitations are if any?
Thanks.

Blennus creswick creek and slaty creek are not one ans the same. Below st Georges lakes is creswick creek above is slaty. Slaty is the prospecting creek and its loaded from head to toe good luck

G0lddigg@ said:
Blennus creswick creek and slaty creek are not one ans the same. Below st Georges lakes is creswick creek above is slaty. Slaty is the prospecting creek and its loaded from head to toe good luck

what he said lol .. :)

1456212158_14560154077880.jpg
1456212346_14560154699932.jpg
1456212374_14560154415411.jpg
1456212424_14560155708604.jpg
went for a dig with my step son last weekend just west of ballarat to test out the new dryblower built by mjb and also to test out the rock crusher i knocked up in my spare time.also big shout out to Dustin aka golddigga for taking some time away from the office and showing us in a couple of old mine shafts and some nice quartz to crush around the ballarat area.thanks mate.had a great weekend minus the heat and its safe to say my not so young fella is hooked on da gold feva ;)
1456212927_14562128995070.jpg

thats some good times mate, glad you pulled some colour from those mullocks. you did well considering the grond wasn't all that dry and bloody hell you moves some dirt :) was great to meet your old/yung fella

Thanks GOlddigg@ and others for the tips...
After my wife decided today wasn't her day to take the kids to school (a bunch of us have come down with a cold) I jumped at the chance to do a bit more panning...
Went up Daylesford way... not quite the turn left then left again under the powerlines... but on the other side of the road (I think it's called Two Bridges Picnic Area)... was getting a lot of crystals and then shifted my digging a little and came up with some flakes.... nothing like what others here are getting but was able to put it next to a 1 cent piece that came out from a prior pan.
1456213971_gold_and_one_cent_crop.jpg

This was from the right side of the walking bridge... the left side has signs of people prospecting and not filling in their holes (I did see a young couple there last week who sounded like they were moving a lot of rocks but I opted to head down the other way so I didn't get in their way). I panned a couple of loads from the left side and pushed a few larger rocks into some of the holes people had left but it was starting to get hot and I knew the other side had some nice shade... had a few pans with some nice colour and if nothing else I've got a much larger crystal collection now too.

G0lddigg@ said:

The first time I tried to pan in Creswick... I seemed to end up driving from one side to the other and the creek was dry in every spot I found... I've just had a look at a map and think the problem may have been I was using the wrong roads... will give the spot just near St Georges Lake a try next time... again thanks for the tip.

Blennus,

as a newbie myself I find it quite disappointing to see holes left open but it does give me hints as to where the gold is being found or at least looked for. I always stop to fill them in again once I've pulled out some dirt to test pan.

I haven't been to Creswick yet. Maybe after the gold panning championships on Sunday I'll spend a few days up that way for a change of scenery. I might even have a crack at the novice division while I'm in Blackwood.

Nice to see you onto the gold by the way...

Latest posts