⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. A huge thanks goes to a forum member for showing me the secret weapon. The long metal probe for trying to find bedrock. This saved a lot of time and energy sampling mostly barren wash. The bedrock was only about 2 foot down and this is where the crevices where that contained the gold. Again, thanks to everyone for there advise, stories and anecdotes as they all add up to knowledge for others.
Cheers
Mark

TTKooAu said:
Holey Toledo, Rockerfella!.

Jackpot!.

I almost feel embarrassed posting this vid of 1 dot I found yesterday. Note how I said 'almost'.....I did find a second dot to match.
Anyone who has panned at Mt Crawford in SA would know that the gold in SA is as rare as rocking horse shite... :lol:

https://youtu.be/LYPzmy4cIPQ

My first flake was from Crawford, as well as my second, third and fourth. From 4-5 outtings there lol. 4 flakes all up from there!

Tom

Diggertom said:
TTKooAu said:

Jackpot!.

I almost feel embarrassed posting this vid of 1 dot I found yesterday. Note how I said 'almost'.....I did find a second dot to match.
Anyone who has panned at Mt Crawford in SA would know that the gold in SA is as rare as rocking horse shite... :lol:

My first flake was from Crawford, as well as my second, third and fourth. From 4-5 outtings there lol. 4 flakes all up from there!

Tom

Hi Tom,
I see you have improved your find rate from those humble days with the homemade "kitchen tidy" sluice we took up to Cudlee Creek ;)

TTKooAu said:
Diggertom said:
TTKooAu said:

Jackpot!.

Tom

Hi Tom,
I see you have improved your find rate from those humble days with the homemade "kitchen tidy" sluice we took up to Cudlee Creek ;)

Wasn't that a good day, shocking weather if I remember correctly though lol.

Improved the find rate, but still have the kitchen sluice. I got rid of the bin made hopperbox and made a aluminium one from a dishwasher casing and still use the same sluice today lol. It's done me very well to!

Hi Tom, could you post a pic of your sluice, would be interested, and what's the chance of doing some video out there at Eldorado?

Cheers

Len

Well done guys.
1449692698_thumb.jpg

Now that the creek on our farm has dried up, I can get into some nice looking rockbars and holes. Unfortunately, not enough water to HB so its panning in a puddle.
Took 20 pans of material out of a small rockbar drop-off for some colour but not enough to get excited. Then a single pan from a 6" x 6" area at the end of the rockbar nearest the bank coughed up 3 pickers - 0.33g, .11g and .05g (not shown below). :)
DSC01005.JPG

mdv said:
Now that the creek on our farm has dried up, I can get into some nice looking rockbars and holes. Unfortunately, not enough water to HB so its panning in a puddle.
Took 20 pans of material out of a small rockbar drop-off for some colour but not enough to get excited. Then a single pan from a 6" x 6" area at the end of the rockbar nearest the bank coughed up 3 pickers - 0.33g, .11g and .05g (not shown below). :) https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAEwY/nQtcxw3AlyU/s800-Ic42/DSC01005.JPG

awesome mate.... ,make hay while the sunshines and get that material out and stockpile it like the oldtimers did :)

mdv said:
Took 20 pans of material out of a small rockbar drop-off for some colour but not enough to get excited. Then a single pan from a 6" x 6" area at the end of the rockbar nearest the bank coughed up 3 pickers - 0.33g, .11g and .05g (not shown below). :) https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAEwY/nQtcxw3AlyU/s800-Ic42/DSC01005.JPG

I am soooo Jealous - very nice picker

Cheers

Barry

1450689402_image.jpg
been to hot for me to go to the gt detecting so decided to go for a pan. Haven't done for about 15 years so wasn't expecting too much. Went to a spot the old man used to take me but it was way to overgrown with blackberrys so went to a small creek I've never been to before . First couple of pans produced nothing but ended up finding a good crevice and was pretty stoked withe the result but one sure I lost some due to panning skills being pretty rusty. Main question is a couple of pieces were very rough plus a very small speci all mixed with some worn pieces so I'm guessing there's a source nearby but also another?

Problem is I've now got two different methods to chase the good stuff, which one to concentrate on? One close to home smaller bits one 3 hrs away generally bigger bits . Maybee ill have to do both.

Always gunna be better with lots of source. :lol: :D
Sounds like a good cooking show with souce all over the platce. ;) :D

I hope I can find the source and lots of it. No idea really how to but gunna have a good time trying. Also a big thanks to the guy who left his small crowbar there as I wasn't prepared, shovel just didn't cut it also for the left over mozie coils man they are bad out there. Put ya bar back in the bucket where ya left it, hope ya did ok too. Ps I think ya kid left his gumboots too.
Mmmm smokey BBQ ribs that's the source I was looking for

Latest posts